Another Great Medallion App Experience

cruzdawg69

Jan 20 -28th 2023 Eastern Caribbean Sky Princess cruise. On Sept 15th 2022 made reservation for Crown Grill. Charged to my Princess CC. Never got an email confirmation and the reservation never showed up in the App. I do have the CC receipt. My TA called Princess this week to inquire.

Princess response......."We are having issues with the App, if it doesn't show in the app in a few days make another reservation and bring the CC receipt on board and the will issue credit." Crown Grill is all booked for the cruise !

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruzdawg69 said:

Jan 20 -28th 2023 Eastern Caribbean Sky Princess cruise. On Sept 15th 2022 made reservation for Crown Grill. Charged to my Princess CC. Never got an email confirmation and the reservation never showed up in the App. I do have the CC receipt. My TA called Princess this week to inquire.

Princess response......."We are having issues with the App, if it doesn't show in the app in a few days make another reservation and bring the CC receipt on board and the will issue credit." Crown Grill is all booked for the cruise !

Believe me they do not book all the tables in the app. Once you board you can try the dine line or talk to the Crown Grille manager we have always been able to get tables. Now we do tend to eat after 7:00 for dinner so that may have made it easier 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cruzdawg69 said:

As @memoakstated, they do hold some back.  We’ve always been able to book OB, called dine line from the room.

I hen you booked it in the App, you should have gotten a response, that said, “You’re all set.”  I usually do a  screenshot of that.  And the CC charge.

I would not book and pay for it again.

If it were me, I’d email IT.  
Subject field:

Sail date:  Jan 20, 2023 Urgent!

Give full names

Sail date and ship name

Booking no.

Explain you booked the CG, the date on the ship and dining time that you booked and paid by CC. When you booked on the App.  (Check date of cc charge) 

It disappeared and you want it reinstated in the App. 

It’s worth a shot.

I would email:

A360ad7@carnival.com

LMK

Yes, the wonderful App..   While it works most of the time, it is quirky. 

We have (now had) the Crown Grill booked for a special milestone birthday dinner on our next cruise. I paid at the old rate ($29 pp) in Dec. 

For some unknown reason, the dinner was cancelled and then the monies refunded last week.     Called through to the Medallion no-help desk and they were very happy to rebook the dinner at the increased rate of $39 pp.   I could not get the dinner re-instated at the old, price and could only book a new one at the new rate.  If I wanted to lodge a complaint, I would have to call back to the no-help desk and talk to someone else.