With WestJet GTFO What options are Atlantic People using?

cmaleblanc

Hey everyone! We are in Newfoundland and travel frequently. But it's a pain to travel anywhere from Newfoundland. I'm wondering what time lines are people using now to book flights? how far out from a trip do people find the best rates for international travel? We normally cruise out of FLL, and we had flown Westjet in the past, but now it seems they won't fly into FLL on Wednesdays or Saturdays, I thought it was a short term thing, but with the announcement they are pulling back operations in Atlantic Canada. It's leaving us really with AC to travel with. How are others in Atlantic Canada finding it, any tips? 

• 5 weeks later...

I've only started reading through the boards after a long (Covid- if I can't cruise I'm not reading stuff) break. I know this isn't as easy for you to do but for us, travelling from NB, we drive to Portland, ME and fly from there. The difference in cost, even with exchange, is shocking and we don't have to go through the mess of Pearson.

I love where I live but when it comes to flights...ugh!

• 2 months later...

We are in Fredericton and are doing an Oceania TA this November.  Barcelona to Miami.  Priced airfare to BCN from Fredericton using AC and also from Portland and Boston.  AC, believe it or not, was cheaper (premium economy), than we could get from US carriers.  And premium economy on some US carriers is not the same as AC or WS for that matter.

WS was always our carrier of choice, but now that they have departed Fredericton, AC is the only game in town for international flights.

1 hour ago, WayneLaR said:

We are in Fredericton and are doing an Oceania TA this November.  Barcelona to Miami.  Priced airfare to BCN from Fredericton using AC and also from Portland and Boston.  AC, believe it or not, was cheaper (premium economy), than we could get from US carriers.  And premium economy on some US carriers is not the same as AC or WS for that matter.

WS was always our carrier of choice, but now that they have departed Fredericton, AC is the only game in town for international flights.

I found Oceania  air to be a good value when doing  TA's

We got the PE seating  from LHR at  a good price  not sure what O is charging for your  trip  but might be worth checking  if you have not booked your air yet

We usually use A/C