Just Booked! Europe on the Enchantment in August

cookie38

We have cruised out of Venice before (NCL).

Just booked a 7 day out from Barcelona to Cannes, Nice, Portofino, Genoa, Livorno and ends in Rome.

We will have 2 days on Barcelona pre cruise and 2 days in Rome post cruise.

Suggestions? Opinions? 

We have sailed Grandeur a long time ago, (same class & size) and not worried about lack of amenities, but would love to hear anything!

Is alcohol package less on Europe cruises? Will probably not buy as we will only be on ship in the evening. 

If you haven't already done Rome before, my suggestion would be to extend your Rome post-cruise to at least a week. There is so much to see. We did Western Mediterranean on Symphony in 2018, Rome to Rome, and spent a week in Rome first. We loved it, and there are still things we'd love to go back and do/see. Anything you want to do there, Colosseum, Vatican, etc. find the longest, most comprehensive "skip the line" tour you can. Especially if you only have 2 days.

In Barcelona, La Sagrada Familia is the obvious one. I would suggest some sort of Gaudi tour. Ours was a ship one (as Barcelona was a port day for us), and our tour did not include going inside. We want to do that next time we are in Barcelona. The Montserrat Monastery is also on our list for next time, but we haven't actually done that before so take that into account.

• 2 months later...

We're doing the same tour in July.  Spending 2 nights in Barcelona before the cruise and then 3 nights in Rome afterwards.  I'm figuring out the logistics, etc now and booking excursions.  We haven't cruised in forever so I'm just going with the ones from the ship for the places we want them (Portofino and Florence/Pisa)  I know people will say you can save a ton booking them on your own but I'm more comfortable this way.  I still need to book my hotel in Rome and our transfers to the city from the port.  We're planning on taking the train.  In Barcelona I'm going to do a guided tour with skip the lines for Park Guell and La Sagrada.  Still working on the rest.  It's going to be here before I know it.  

We are on the same cruise as mentioned above the end of Sept.  We are flying to Madrid to stat with friends first then 2-3 days in Barcelona and 3-4 days in Rome afterwards.  Wondering if anyone could give me ideas as to where to stay in Barcelona or Rome.  We are just beginning to look into booking this.

2 hours ago, Sbear7 said:

We are on the same cruise as mentioned above the end of Sept.  We are flying to Madrid to stat with friends first then 2-3 days in Barcelona and 3-4 days in Rome afterwards.  Wondering if anyone could give me ideas as to where to stay in Barcelona or Rome.  We are just beginning to look into booking this.

We have stayed at the Hotel 1898 in Barcelona three times. Great hotel right on La Rambla, lot of folks here on CC stay across the street at the Hotel Continental.  We have stayed at Crowne Plaza Saint Peters , they occasionally have a really good sale. They run Shuttles to central Rome and to the Vatican several times a day. I would also give a big thumbs up to Bob"s Limo Rome for shuttle service to and from the Airport, Hotel and cruise terminal. Great prices for a shared shuttle. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sbear7 said:

I liked the Marcella Royal Hotel in Rome, great hotel with breakfast and rooftop views overlooking the city. Checkout Ostia Antica ruins while you’re in Rome.

Edited by Thisguylikestocruise