Grand Pacific tips or suggestions

ekkc10753

I've booked the Grand Pacific Voyage for 2023, It will be the longest (by far)  cruise that I've ever taken and also my very first solo cruise. (I had a LOT of vouchers after my husband died)

What is there to do on all the sea days; I'll bring my books and my cross stitch (but that only goes so far.) What's there to do on board?

Are there any activities specifically for solo travellers? Are the passengers who are doing the entire 90+ days introduced to one another somehow?

If you've done this cruise before, do you remember any particular highlights? or anything you wished you'd packed? or brilliant things you're so glad you had?

I feel reasonably confident in the general cruise department, but this one is very long and covers a lot of weather types to say nothing of cultures.

I'm excited about it but a little freaked out about what I've done in booking this and any helpful tips, thoughts or soothing would be much appreciated!

3 hours ago, ekkc10753 said:

I've booked the Grand Pacific Voyage for 2023, It will be the longest (by far)  cruise that I've ever taken and also my very first solo cruise. (I had a LOT of vouchers after my husband died)

What is there to do on all the sea days; I'll bring my books and my cross stitch (but that only goes so far.) What's there to do on board?

Are there any activities specifically for solo travellers? Are the passengers who are doing the entire 90+ days introduced to one another somehow?

If you've done this cruise before, do you remember any particular highlights? or anything you wished you'd packed? or brilliant things you're so glad you had?

I feel reasonably confident in the general cruise department, but this one is very long and covers a lot of weather types to say nothing of cultures.

I'm excited about it but a little freaked out about what I've done in booking this and any helpful tips, thoughts or soothing would be much appreciated!

If you have not already located it, there is a roll call for the GPV, where pax on the cruise will communicate and share information - much of which will likely be useful to you. Just click on the link below and introduce yourself on the roll call.  It's a great-looking trip, enjoy! 🍺🥌

Bravo! You are one intrepid voyager!

Here is my advice for getting the most out of these boards.  Be aggressive.  Don't wait for things to come to you.  You'll miss a lot of good info from folks who have moved on.  Go after everything you can find.  

Look for every single roll call you can find that covers the dates you will be on the ship and get involved in every single one of them.  Introduce yourself.  Ask questions.  (I keep a list of everyone who introduces themselves just so I can keep things straight).

Now the hard part. Search this forum for every single thread you can find that has anything to do with your cruise.  You can't depend on the search function for this because it just isn't very good at finding things.  Start on page 1 of this forum and scroll down, bookmarking or copying and pasting links as you go.  

You are going to have a great cruise.  

• Like 4