Under 5 excursions

matymil

When we were on the Mardi Gras a couple of months ago we were told by the excursions desk that "any kids under 5 do not require a ticket". I remember the website used to say that on some of the excursions but not all of them, now none say it. Does anyone know if this rule is written anywhere cause i cant find it and i don't want to call just for this question? Thanks

4 minutes ago, matymil said:

When we were on the Mardi Gras a couple of months ago we were told by the excursions desk that "any kids under 5 do not require a ticket". I remember the website used to say that on some of the excursions but not all of them, now none say it. Does anyone know if this rule is written anywhere cause i cant find it and i don't want to call just for this question? Thanks

I would never assume that that is a blanket policy for every excursion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

I would never assume that that is a blanket policy for every excursion.

I wouldn't either. Thats why i thought it was strange when the worker told me that. I asked afew times just to make sure. This was in Sept

The "Children 5 years and under do not require a ticket" thing is definitely not for all excursions. I found that Cozumel has a TON of excursions with 5 and under that are free. I think its really up to the tour vendor and not Carnival. My kid is turning 5 in May, we cruise in February, we are trying to squeeze in as many "free" excursions this trip as possible. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, x lindsay x said:

The "Children 5 years and under do not require a ticket" thing is definitely not for all excursions. I found that Cozumel has a TON of excursions with 5 and under that are free. I think its really up to the tour vendor and not Carnival. My kid is turning 5 in May, we cruise in February, we are trying to squeeze in as many "free" excursions this trip as possible. 

Thanks. Yeah i thought maybe it was in writing somewhere but i guess not. We'll just do what we did last time, which is buy the tickets for my wife and I, then go to the excursions desk the first day we get on board to ask.

54 minutes ago, matymil said:

Thanks. Yeah i thought maybe it was in writing somewhere but i guess not. We'll just do what we did last time, which is buy the tickets for my wife and I, then go to the excursions desk the first day we get on board to ask.

I think if you read the description on the actual excursion, it will tell you.  I just went and checked some on my future cruises and saw it specifically said 5 and under free, but not on others.  It seems the "family" type ones have the note of under 5 free, while most of the others do not.  I also saw several that had a minimum age listed as well.

So, to answer your question I think it IS excursion specific and it should tell you if you read through the notes.

image.thumb.png.6293c78711eb1a762fd172b87ba59e26.png