Viking Octantis Shelter and Hide?

janetcbl

The Shelter is a little protected area right behind the bow. It is outside of the cabin area. The Hide is a hideaway where storytelling occurs. There is comfortable cozy seating and a cart of alcohol fixings. It feels very private and away from the rest of the ship, During our trip on Octantis, there were several evenings where different crew members told tales of their adventures. 

You may have to ask crew for directions to The Hide — it is (intentionally, I think) a challenge to get to - think speakeasy. We finally managed it using a forward, starboard side elevator, I think, down to the level, then through a closed door.
We went after dinner and were the only ones there. The lone bartender came and rolled the bar cart out of the bow shaped (because it’s literally in the pointy end of the boat!) closet, and made us drinks. Since it turned out to be such a private affair, we asked him about his life on board and his family in the Philippines, and about a baffling “issue” that had happened with an AWOL crew member the day before. It was a very interesting experience that wouldn’t have taken place in a regular bar, I think. 

Edited by talltexan
Clarity