What made you choose...

RCCL? I was 11 when I first went on a cruise, it was 1990 and my parents wanted to do something different, so they chose a cruise. At that time Soveriegn of the Seas was the biggest and packed the most things for young kids, my brother was 16 at the time. So we chose RCCL because they the biggest cruise ship in the world and that sold us. After that we took a 10 year hiatus but returned to her sister, Monarch. While sailing her in 99 they unveiled the 3D layout of Voyager of the Seas and I almost crapped my pants looking at all those things to do onboard. That was it, it has been and most likely will forever be RCCL. Please tell me your reason for choosing to go with RCCL. Thanks for any responses.

We haven't cruised in years and then last year we did a Med. cruise on Holland America. We loved it and so this year I chose a Baltic. RCCL had the best price and itinerary. I hope to find a line that I love like you have. Great topic.

Kim in IL

My first cruise was in 2000. I had finally college after six years of my life. I had jumped through every professor's hoop for a long time and thought that I deserved a great big celebration! I booked with RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas because the port was a short 35 minute drive from my house. I immediately fell in love with cruising. Within a month I found myself on another ship, the Carnival Fantasy to celebrate with my sister on her graduation from college. Before I knew it I found myself on the Monarch of the Seas, then Princess' Grand Princess, Enchantment of the Seas, Carnival Glory, and just recently Mariner of the Seas. I choose to cruise mostly with RCCL because I personally find their level of service the best. This is not to say that the other cruises that I've been on have been sub-standard! Since I've been so happy with RCCL, I thought that I would stick with them until I became a Diamond Plus level with the Crown and Anchor Society, then maybe I will branch out with one of the other cruiselines.

Darlene

We chose RCCL after reading the reviews on these boards. There seemed to be more complaints about Carnival(the other line we were considering). It was our first cruise and now we are hooked. We have a few more booked for the next year and soon hope to book the Freedom.

Guest cvbart

Price and itinerary. Our next cruise was to be on HAL but they dropped a port so we switched to RCCL. Our last cruise was on Carnival and we are doing another Carnival for New Years.

Don't really care what line we use as long as the price and itinerary are right.

My story......

The year 1991, my friends daughter had just returned from her honeymoon on the Sovereign and we were watching their home video. The whole time I sat with my jaw hanging and kept saying "thats the ship I want to go on for our 25th anniversary next year"

So we booked a tiny 122 sq ft ocean view cabin for the following July of 1992. And as they say.....THE REST IS HISTORY! :D :D

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :p

We tried RCCL because the itinerary we wanted happen to be for the exact dates we were able to travel. I have already have another cruise booked for Nov. Althought I have also cruised with Carnival it would not stop me from sailing with them again.

My dad was an avid RCCL cruiser. He wanted to have a family reuinion cruise, so we scrimped and saved so that we could join him on the Enchantment of the Seas in March 2000.

Of course, after that we were hooked on cruising. I will always be extremely grateful that I took that trip. I discovered my love of cruising, but more importantly, that would be my last vacation with my dad. He died a year later of colon cancer at the age of 53.

My husband had wanted to go on a cruise for sometime, but I was reluctant (the old "we're stuck on a ship, what we will do with ourselves" syndrome). I've always wanted to go to Alaska, and stumbled onto the Travel Channel show on the Radiance one night. My husband saw the pool table, said "Now that's cool," I saw the glaciers, and the rest was history. We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Radiance in Alaska and found a whole new way to travel!

In 1998, I went on my first cruise on the Monarch of the Seas - seven days out of San Juan. It was a company convention. RCI had overbooked the initial four day trip the company had reserved out of Miami so made them a deal they couldn't refuse - a seven day trip with Junior Suites for all at the same price. What a start to my cruising career - free cruise, free airfare and a balcony suite! It's no small wonder that RCI has a warm spot in my heart.

I have to admit now that the Crown & Anchor program plays a big part in our continuing to cruise RCI. Great cruise memories and a great repeat customer program are a hard combination to beat.

Why I cruise with RCCL?

Back in 2001, my best friend and I were both working full time (50 to 60 hours per week) and going to school full-time at night and on weekends. Shortly before Thanksgiving my best friend got fed up and called local TAs asking them how much it would cost to send her to the Bahamas for spring break. One wonderful TA recommended against a young single female going by herself, but said she could get my best friend a great deal on a cruise, which happened to be on RCCL's Sovereign. My best friend called me up and invited me to go with her. From the moment we stepped on the ship, we were hooked on cruising and hooked on RCCL. Royal Caribbean has never given us a reason to look elsewhere. I just got back from my 5th RCCL cruise on Monday and leave on Friday for my 6th.

Archived