NCL Reps with vague answer regarding price drops-----

Jetswdo

Ok, I spoke with NCL rep on phone today,  but not a straight answer.   I booked a cruise with original free at sea PLUS with upgraded wfi to include streaming.  Today, I saw a "flash sale" so I was trying in vain, to do the math, if I would actually save money by rebooking the cruise-  (sale date not until 2024)----

So after being held on hold, for 15 minutes.  He was very nice, but I didn't really feel confident that I was getting a straight answer.  He just said that I wouldn't save any money with the wifi with streaming.  Not sure what he meant by that.  I really wanted a dollar for dollar break down.  It was very frustrating.  I got him to say that I would save $200 but it didn't include my wifi.    I think the flash sale, would end up with the same price of what I originally paid----  I just wish the rep could have been more specific.    Also, I don't think the new pricing includes $50 off per person for excursions.   I did manage with my feeble brain to see that my original pricing would save me $200 on excursions that I would book--- so I guess I should quit while I'm ahead. Just curious if anyone figured out if today's flash sale would actually save someone money who booked with original Free at sea plus that included excurions, etc.  

They always have sales, and they only vary a little.  

50% off vs. 2nd passenger free... for example.

I routinely keep a spreadsheet with all components and benefits of the price.

Cruise fare for each passenger

Port Fees/Taxes

Gratuities on drink/meals

Free at Sea Perks

OBC (if any)

Knowing what I booked at, and what it is now, comparing is easy.

I didn't find it easy at all.  The basic fare was easy, no difference in price.  The free at Sea Plus now according to the rep, did not included wifi with streaming or $50 per person off each excursion.  All he would say is that if I rebooked it (yesterday) I would save $200 but lose my wifi inclusion and the $50 off excursion deal.  So it is now called  Free open bar then upcharge to include 4 restaurants. I was hoping that the agent would have said something like  "If you rebook with today's flash sail, it will end up costing you more for the same perks you have right now."  I couldn't get the agent to just say that, if that was what he meant.  Very annoying.

14 minutes ago, evanskl4 said:

It seems like the Free at Sea Plus offer is now no longer available. Does anyone know if they often take it away and then bring it back? I hadn't purchased it yet but it was in my cart!

I noticed the same. 

I also noticed the Internet package has changed.   Today is unlimited for 1 device for $204.  2 Devices $359.92.

No option for streaming.  Which sucks because last night we found out DH has to do a few Zoom meetings while we are gone.  Now we need to call to see what our options are.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:21 PM, Jetswdo said:

<snip>    Also, I don't think the new pricing includes $50 off per person for excursions.   I did manage with my feeble brain to see that my original pricing would save me $200 on excursions that I would book--- so I guess I should quit while I'm ahead. Just curious if anyone figured out if today's flash sale would actually save someone money who booked with original Free at sea plus that included excurions, etc.  

I booked yesterday and was told it was $50 per room, so one person gets $50 off.  We have four ports so $200 total off.

8 hours ago, evanskl4 said:

It seems like the Free at Sea Plus offer is now no longer available. Does anyone know if they often take it away and then bring it back? I hadn't purchased it yet but it was in my cart!

Free at Sea Plus is no longer available anywhere on my booking. It's considered "capacity controlled," so it's possible NCL hit the threshold on my cruise. Or it's gone.

Try chatting/calling NCL.

10 hours ago, evanskl4 said:

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Free at Sea Plus is no longer available anywhere on my booking. It's considered "capacity controlled," so it's possible NCL hit the threshold on my cruise. Or it's gone.

Try chatting/calling NCL.

I think they are redoing several things before spring cruises start . I would guess FAS+ is being redone.

Even the “Free at Sea” is changing to “Open Bar.” 

I had FAS+ in my cart too. I didn’t buy it and now I am sad I didn’t.  I am sure the new version will provide us with less options for more money. 

I had the extra dining in my cart when it was $70 for 2 extra specialty dining meals. I was debating if I wanted to do that and Starbucks or the FAS+ package, which would cover that plus give us Internet.

Now the extra dining is $118 for two meals (per person). 

I hope whatever they create is worth buying.  $343/person was even pushing it for us to upgrade, since we hardly drink alcohol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

I think they are redoing several things before spring cruises start . I would guess FAS+ is being redone.

Even the “Free at Sea” is changing to “Open Bar.” 

I had FAS+ in my cart too. I didn’t buy it and now I am sad I didn’t.  I am sure the new version will provide us with less options for more money. 

I had the extra dining in my cart when it was $70 for 2 extra specialty dining meals. I was debating if I wanted to do that and Starbucks or the FAS+ package, which would cover that plus give us Internet.

Now the extra dining is $118 for two meals (per person). 

I hope whatever they create is worth buying.  $343/person was even pushing it for us to upgrade, since we hardly drink alcohol.

Well, I checked my app this morning and it was active again! I was able to purchase the FAS Plus package, and it says it was added to my reservation. Strange but I'll take it!

• Like 1