Hotel near San Pedro that I can park and leave my car

Wink87

The Crowne Plaza San Pedro and DoubleTree San Pedro may have Park & Cruise deals, but we always park at the cruise terminal parking lot.

https://goo.gl/maps/fu78XifrTknfS6ae6

You don't need to stay in San Pedro. You can choose any city/hotel in 90-120 minute ratio and then park at the terminal.

12 hours ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Scottca075 what hotels do you suggest?  We are also driving the day before and looking for nicer hotel.  I will park at the port so parking isn’t needed.

It just depends on what you want to spend for a hotel and how far you want to drive from Sacto to the LA Area.

For example, there is a very nice Extended Stay America in Burbank that is usually very reasonable. There are a lot of nice place in Burbank to eat and a nice downtown to walk around in. That leaves you about 50 minutes north of the cruise port.

If you wanted to split the drive in half, you could stay in Bakersfield, but personally, in March, I'd want to cross the Grapevine before stopping.

8 hours ago, Baebe said:

We were look for less expensive parking than the $20 a day at San Pedro  port

I don't know where that would be. The cruise terminal area isn't like LAX where you have econo-lots charging $8 a day; you are kind of stuck with just the one official lot for 24 hour/overnight parking.

Where in CA are you coming from?

We like to stay at the Crowne Plaza and park our car there during a cruise.  Their cruise parking is underground--I like that my car is out of the sun!  There is one spot in particular I always try to get--set between two large concrete pillars so I have no one parking next to me.

We pay around $300 for a night's stay plus parking---that varies on when I book.  For our April cruise (Discovery Princess 4/1/2023), I'm paying $280 for the park and cruise package.

Might be better options but we have enjoyed staying at the CP many times and feel no need to change!  The food options are pretty good too--we like the Green Onion and San Pedro Brewing Co.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 3:24 AM, scottca075 said:

I don't know where that would be. The cruise terminal area isn't like LAX where you have econo-lots charging $8 a day; you are kind of stuck with just the one official lot for 24 hour/overnight parking.

Where in CA are you coming from?

Bishop. We found a couple motels that charge $10 a day to park after 1 night stay. Reviews are scary, but I don't really trust reviews. 

4 hours ago, Baebe said:

Bishop. We found a couple motels that charge $10 a day to park after 1 night stay. Reviews are scary, but I don't really trust reviews. 

If the motel is in San Pedro, the reviews are probably not scary enough. The only two places anyone recommends in San Pedro are the Crowne Plaza and DoubleTree. The rest are either in bad areas, not a place you'd want to leave your car for a week, or they are terribly run down.

I am pretty sure both the CP & DT have stay and cruise packages, where you park for free if you stay a night, plus both have shuttles. All in cost wise CP & DT could be cheaper than a 2* motel that you have the room rate + parking fee + cost of Uber/taxi to and from the ship.

Edited by scottca075

11 hours ago, scottca075 said:

If the motel is in San Pedro, the reviews are probably not scary enough. The only two places anyone recommends in San Pedro are the Crowne Plaza and DoubleTree. The rest are either in bad areas, not a place you'd want to leave your car for a week, or they are terribly run down.

I am pretty sure both the CP & DT have stay and cruise packages, where you park for free if you stay a night, plus both have shuttles. All in cost wise CP & DT could be cheaper than a 2* motel that you have the room rate + parking fee + cost of Uber/taxi to and from the ship.

Thanks for your input.  Do you live in San Pedro?