Enchanted Princess, Sun Deck, Balcony Room

Mflem1278

Can anyone who has stayed in one of these rooms give me information please.  Are the balconies covered?  I am guessing not.  It is windy being that far up?  Lots of motion?   I have stayed on Lido deck before but never the Sun deck.  Have been looking forward to it with the retreat pool being right there, but now am second guessing myself.  Our usual room location pick is aft, near the elevators and laundry.  So Sun deck will be a big change for us.  Please give me your opinion, good or bad.  Thank you.

12 hours ago, Mflem1278 said:

Can anyone who has stayed in one of these rooms give me information please.  Are the balconies covered?  I am guessing not.  It is windy being that far up?  Lots of motion?   I have stayed on Lido deck before but never the Sun deck.  Have been looking forward to it with the retreat pool being right there, but now am second guessing myself.  Our usual room location pick is aft, near the elevators and laundry.  So Sun deck will be a big change for us.  Please give me your opinion, good or bad.  Thank you.

I have sailed in Enchanted Sun Deck cabins twice and I love them. Balconies are deeper than standard balcony rooms and are fully covered. We did not notice alot of motion, we were in  S220 and S214.  While the Retreat Pool area can get quite windy our balcony was fine.  It is great to be just steps away from the pool and outdoor decks. One down side, thats way too many stairs for me to get to and from the public decks so I use the elevator more that I might staying on a lower deck. 

19 hours ago, nini said:

The Sun deck has the smaller balconies. If you look at the Princess website and deck plans, these are the smaller ones. Compare them to the Dolphin deck beginning with 701.

Not sure about those very  specific Dolphin Deck balconys but the Sun Deck balconys are indeed larger/deeper than most standard balcony rooms on Enchanted. 

14 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Not sure about those very  specific Dolphin Deck balconys but the Sun Deck balconys are indeed larger/deeper than most standard balcony rooms on Enchanted. 

Take a look at the deck plans on the Princess website. Go to the Dolphin deck and you will see the difference. Look at D630 and the D702, You will see that those on the Sun deck are the same size as D630.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:55 PM, nini said:

Take a look at the deck plans on the Princess website. Go to the Dolphin deck and you will see the difference. Look at D630 and the D702, You will see that those on the Sun deck are the same size as D630.

I am not saying that Sun Deck balconies are larger than THOSE SPECIFIC Dolphin Deck balconies. I am saying they are deeper than MOST STANDARD BALCONY CABINS on the ship. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I am not saying that Sun Deck balconies are larger than THOSE SPECIFIC Dolphin Deck balconies. I am saying they are deeper than MOST STANDARD BALCONY CABINS on the ship. 

Sorry, I do not think they are, just by looking at the deck plans.