Galveston to Royal Caribbean Cruise Pier: Are Uber/Lift or Taxi readily available?

swdke

Hello!  Looking to maybe stay in Galveston night before cruise.  Will need transportation from hotel to Ship, Allure of the Seas, and was wondering how readily available are Taxi, Lift, or Uber.  Figured we're not the only ones needing transportation, and hoping to avoid waiting all the for transportation to show up.  Also, are there other transportation options?  Thanks so much.

All options should be readily available. 

I have noticed that crew tends to use taxis instead of ride share. (Walmart and Marshalls seem to be particularly packed with crew when multiple ships are in port). I don't know for sure, but that might put a little pressure on taxis in particular for cruise mornings.

I have read it can be hard to get a lyft/uber on morning of cruise when needing a ride from a galveston hotel to the pier.  I read drivers reject requests because they want to take people from pier to the airports where they make a lot more money.  One poster said their request was rejected 5 or 6 times before they gave up and called a cab.  That was one person, but makes you wonder.

I was thinking we may need to call a taxi.