Global Entry Question if you disembarked the Epic in San Juan, Puerto Rico

taterules

I'm taking a cruise that disembarks in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Does this sea port have Global Entry kiosks? If so, do I need to bring my Global Entry card, or just use my passport at the kiosk? Thanks, and hope you had a great cruise!

I just got off the Epic there this morning. I did not see any GlobalEntry option but the process was very light. Once you have your bags you stand in one of four lines which moved quickly. They were using face recognition to admit us and I did not have to show a passport or anything. 

getting off the ship was much quicker than I expected. A bit of wait for an elevator on the boat but then fast. Getting on the boat was a bit more involved. Lots of traffic on one tiny road to the port made for huge waits for most people. We avoided that by walking from our hotel to the port which was a fairly easy 20 minute walk on level mostly paved ground. 

3 minutes ago, cfelbab said:

I just got off the Epic there this morning. I did not see any GlobalEntry option but the process was very light. Once you have your bags you stand in one of four lines which moved quickly. They were using face recognition to admit us and I did not have to show a passport or anything. 

getting off the ship was much quicker than I expected. A bit of wait for an elevator on the boat but then fast. Getting on the boat was a bit more involved. Lots of traffic on one tiny road to the port made for huge waits for most people. We avoided that by walking from our hotel to the port which was a fairly easy 20 minute walk on level mostly paved ground. 

Hope you had a great cruise.  What time did you get off the ship today?  How was the inbound traffic at that time?  We have an 11 am boarding time (the earliest offered) and we’re trying to determine arrival time to get into the building vs. standing outside in the sun.  

We left this morning at 830 am. Already a lot of traffic at that time but it was mainly taxis and buses for people leaving. Last week we stayed at the Sheraton before boarding and I could see the boat and dock from my room window. There was a good amount of traffic lined up before 10am and when we walked over (at 1145) there was a lot of traffic and a line outside that was maybe 15 minutes outside and another 20 or so inside. I do not recall the sun being an issue in the outside line so maybe there was shade. Many people told me it took them 90+ minutes in a taxi to drive to the port because of the relatively few ways to get there. The port is nestled on a narrow piece of land up against an airport and when we left there were two boats loading. I would plan to arrive early if it were me and wait (ideally inside) for them to start letting people on (11 or 1130 I think is when that starts). Once on board If you have not done so already go book your show time slot and restaurant. Our boat was completely full and some people I met missed out because all slots were taken. 

@cfelbabthank you.  There will be two ships again when we’re there.  I was thinking like you…arrive earlier enough to get inside.  Based on your experience, I am thinking a 9:15 arrival may put us between the departures and arrivals.  And, I suspect the taxi driver could get a pickup after we’re dropped off. We will probably have a full ship, too…so getting on early for entertainment resvrs is a priority. Sorry OP if I hijacked your post.

Edited by laudergayle

41 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Hope you had a great cruise.  What time did you get off the ship today?  How was the inbound traffic at that time?  We have an 11 am boarding time (the earliest offered) and we’re trying to determine arrival time to get into the building vs. standing outside in the sun.  

You have an 11:00 time to arrive at the terminal. It is not a boarding time.

But, based on recent report, arriving well before 11:00 would be your best bet. 

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You have an 11:00 time to arrive at the terminal. It is not a boarding time.

But, based on recent report, arriving well before 11:00 would be your best bet. 

Yes, correct. Wrong word choice on my part.  It’s going to be a hurry up and wait. But better to wait inside a building vs. in a taxi with meter running, or outside in the elements.

46 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yes, correct. Wrong word choice on my part.  It’s going to be a hurry up and wait. But better to wait inside a building vs. in a taxi with meter running, or outside in the elements.

Be aware that they aren’t opening the building until 11 or a little later. On another site there was a picture of a line of people already lined up outside at 9 am. 

5 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Be aware that they aren’t opening the building until 11 or a little later. On another site there was a picture of a line of people already lined up outside at 9 am. 

Yikes.  Not good. Thanks for that info.

2 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yikes.  Not good. Thanks for that info.

This is how it looks now. (1:21). Seems like it would be a short wait to get on. 

We board next week and are leaning towards a little later arrival time vs. early. 

9306D58C-1A1F-4BE8-917A-7D7ABE071A93.png

1 minute ago, KSSS2013 said:

This is how it looks now. (1:21). Seems like it would be a short wait to get on. 

We board next week and are leaning towards a little later arrival time vs. early. 

9306D58C-1A1F-4BE8-917A-7D7ABE071A93.png

Yeah, I’ve been watching it this morning too.  I started at 10:30 San Juan time and it was very heavy traffic. Started to let up around 12:30.  I’m really torn as we purchased Priority Access because I was going to see if we could get to Guest Services and snag one of the few Posh Passes.  However, I’ve been doubting that strategy.  We’re two weeks out, so post what your experience is next week if possible.  Thanks.