Florence on Free Museum Sunday

panda1215

My daughter is a huge art history buff and has been looking forward to our Italy trip since 2019 (when we started planning then COVID hit).  She wants to see both Accademia Gallary and Uffizi Gallery but we are there on the first Sunday of the month and even though we have about 6 hours in Florence i am concerned that with the long lines on Free Sunday that we will not be able to see both.   Would love tips on how to navigate the museums in Florence on the Free Sunday with limited time. Are you any tickets or passes that would help? Any advice would be helpful.

It will be an absolute zoo, so prepare yourselves.  Could she be persuaded to pick one of the two and be happy with that?  A six hour port day stop is just a tasting in any case.

In other parts of Italy tickets are issued even for free days but I don't see a way to do that on the official ticketing website, so you might try e-mailing them for clarification.

Accademia:  Home - Galleria dell'Accademia di Firenze (galleriaaccademiafirenze.it)

Uffizi:  The Uffizi Galleries

• Like 1

If you go on the museum's website, you will see that tickets are not sold on free Sundays.

If the OP has to choose one, the Ufizzi would be the best bet. It is a larger venue that admits more people per hour and there is a lot more to see inside.  They can all admire the David's replica in the Piazza della Signoria right outside the Ufizzi. 

• Like 1