Vista Sea Day Brunch - crazy town

RCmommy

App said under 10m wait for a table.  We waited 25m.  Okay, it’s busy.  No big deal. We are taken to a table to be told it’s not our table and to go back to the front to be added to the wait list again.  I said yeah no thanks.  They seated us.  Waited 10m for water.  Additional 11m to have our order taken.  

There are definitely some empty tables.

I’m not making the post to bash them.  Just to report back about the Vista.

• Like 1

We just got off the Vista and had brunch on several days usually going around 9 AM.  App said wait was 10 minutes so that must be the standard response.  We reserved the table before we left out stateroom in the forward part of the ship.  All but once the table was ready by the time we walked almost the full length of the ship and caught on elevator down to the 3rd deck.  The one time we had to wait a few minutes before we were called.  I imagine that later times after 10 AM the wait was longer despite what the app said. 

1 hour ago, RCmommy said:

App said under 10m wait for a table.  We waited 25m.  Okay, it’s busy.  No big deal. We are taken to a table to be told it’s not our table and to go back to the front to be added to the wait list again.  I said yeah no thanks.  They seated us.  Waited 10m for water.  Additional 11m to have our order taken.  

There are definitely some empty tables.

I’m not making the post to bash them.  Just to report back about the Vista.

Typically they do not have the staff or the desire to run the entire dining room for sea day brunch. Perhaps only half the dining room will be available for seating so seeing empty tables is normal. Waiting 20 minutes for water and your order taken is ridiculous though.

Edited by mz-s

49 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We just got off the Vista and had brunch on several days usually going around 9 AM.  App said wait was 10 minutes so that must be the standard response.  We reserved the table before we left out stateroom in the forward part of the ship.  All but once the table was ready by the time we walked almost the full length of the ship and caught on elevator down to the 3rd deck.  The one time we had to wait a few minutes before we were called.  I imagine that later times after 10 AM the wait was longer despite what the app said. 

Last night for dinner the wait said under 10 and it was less than 10m

We did not sail that ship but on the Breeze and Valor, we had similar experiences. We used the app were able to walk right to a table but it did take a little while to get service. But we were relaxed and did not get upset. It was funny that many people did not understand that a table should be reserved on the app for breakfast. We walked right past dozens of people waiting in line using the app. 

Ever since the restart brunch has taken over an hour, due to long waits for drinks, followed by orders and food. We’ve stopped going because we got tired of devoting the entire morning to a meal. 

Edited by mattcj89
Grammar
  • Like 1

I tend to agree.  I cannot honestly say it was worth the wait.

1 hour ago, mattcj89 said:

Ever since the restart brunch has taken over an hour, due to long waits for drinks, followed by orders and food. We’ve stopped going because we got tired of devoting the entire morning to a meal.