Do you need to link dining reservations for My Time Dining?

We are cruising with a group on Navigator of the Seas. Do we need to link our dining reservations if we all have My Time Dining? Do you have to make a reservation for each night or can you just show up and be seated?

Thank you

Edited by VeggieCruiser23
Added ship

26 minutes ago, VeggieCruiser23 said:

We are cruising with a group on Navigator of the Seas. Do we need to link our dining reservations if we all have My Time Dining? Do you have to make a reservation for each night or can you just show up and be seated?

Thank you

Both choices are available. There have been many reports that the non reservation line moves quicker. If you like your table and waitstaff on day one you can request and be given the same table and time for every night. We were recently on Navigator and MTD starts at 6:45.  Long lines at 6:45 but pretty empty at 8pm. We always have late dinning and a table on the balcony, looking down MTD is empty. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Both choices are available. There have been many reports that the non reservation line moves quicker. If you like your table and waitstaff on day one you can request and be given the same table and time for every night.

So adding people is not a problem - you can show up with 8 people, and all get seated together?

Just now, VeggieCruiser23 said:

So adding people is not a problem - you can show up with 8 people, and all get seated together?

MTD is set up for mostly two tops, a slight wait may be needed for a large group. As soon as you board you should visit the Main dining room, talk to the head waiter and let them know your plans.  MTD opens when 1st seating early traditional has ended, there would be plenty of large tables before they start breaking tables into two tops, easy to save one for your group.  MTD has been a zoo at best since the restart.  Go traditional and get a table for 8 on the  balcony railing.  happy cruising, Navigator is in tip top shape. 

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

MTD has been a zoo at best since the restart.  Go traditional and get a table for 8 on the  balcony railing.  happy cruising, Navigator is in tip top shape. 

I have to totally agree. I used to always do My Time but have switched to traditional since restart. The last few sailings on the last few ships I have been on in the past year...the MTD lines have been backed up out the dining room to the staircase/elevators.