Sapphire Princess, C101 and C103

edspec

Hello,

I've booked C101 and C103 for a cruise and wondering if anyone has any current pictures, video, or comments???  These cabins are classified oceanview, but are actually balconies.  I did a search and the threads are over 10 years old.  TIA.

Hi,

I think the top picture is a generic OV and the bottom either C101 or C103.  There are about five of these that are classified OV because the balcony isn't useable unless you're at sea.  One of the bottom pictures shows a barrel chair so thinking that these are old pics that were uploaded last year.

25 minutes ago, edspec said:

Hi,

I think the top picture is a generic OV and the bottom either C101 or C103.  There are about five of these that are classified OV because the balcony isn't useable unless you're at sea.  One of the bottom pictures shows a barrel chair so thinking that these are old pics that were uploaded last year.

I agree.  Maybe someone who has stayed there will answer.  Sapphire just came back in service a few months ago.

3 hours ago, edspec said:

Hi,

Incorrect, you can use the balcony anytime. We were in a forward cabin on the Regal on the Lido deck. It was a balcony, not a suite and our door was never locked. You do need to keep your drapes completely closed at night or all lights off. The metal barrier does impede your view so you need to stand up or stack deck chairs, or sit on the table to see out. (LOL, these were hints provided on CC).

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, edspec said:

Thank-you @niniLooking at my post I realized I said you couldn't use the balcony unless you were at sea, I meant in port, due to wind.  Did you like the cabin?  

Actually, we really liked it! It was a last minute booking so we could go with my sister and BIL and our favorite aft cabins were not available. So, I thought, why not? We were in L103 on the Regal. The cabin was actually very private, light and bright with a loveseat. The views were amazing and a GIGANTUAN balcony! Our next door neighbors in L101 even had a bigger balcony than us and had strung up a hammock. So now......... how to pack a hammock in an extra bag... hmmm

I would not hesitate to book one of these again. It is now our Go-To if our favorite aft cabins are not available.

P.S. You can use it anytime, even when in port.

Edited by nini

• 6 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 12:22 PM, edspec said:

This is great @bagneyIt is for an Antartica cruise so I wanted views but I didn't want to pay balcony prices.  Front of the ship high up may be rocky but I can get a seasick patch to be on the safe side.  Thank-you.

Did you stay in C100-105 on the Sapphire?  Wanted to know if they are covered, or partially covered?  TIA