Question about in room AquaClass amenities (fitness equipment)

jean87510

53 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Travel nearly exclusively AQ

1)  I get this email about 70%

2)  If you do not receive this email, you can request it from your cabin attendant

3)  Even with things selected by email, they can be out once on board...My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is it simply depends when the cabin attendant grabs them

4)  I've selected the boxing bag every time and have never received one

Did you actually ever get any items that you ordered?

16 minutes ago, PRH said:

I requested dumbbells and bands.  Neither was in the room.  The steward said the “dumbbells” are really heavy duty weights and rack.  The bands are not available.  This is on the Equinox right now.  Disappointing as I have a conditioning program I watch daily which is not really compatible with going to the gym.

See this is disappointing to read for me.  I'm in a similar situation with training.  If they don't deliver, I would like to know why and also want to know why the pre cruise email selection.  I guess they think people just sail in those cabins for just the restaurant.  

• Like 1

For us, the email to select equipment came at least three months before the cruise.

If you receive the email and try selecting a piece of equipment is not available, it will not let you select it. Then you have to try selecting different equipment until you are successful in submitting the equipment request.

The dumbbells are heavy, but you can select the weight you want to work with from the set.

My DW actually used the meditation pillow as a backrest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I get everything except for the boxing bag and the attendant will ask if I want something else

that choice still baffles me.  At home, yes, its fine in my garage.  But I'd never put it in a room let alone a cruise ship room.  I have one for the floor of my garage and it's really noisy.  

I'm on the Solstice on 2/11 and 2/18.  Didn't receive the email for the 2/11 sailing but did for the 2/18 sailing (today) and was able to request items for the 2/11 sailing at the end.  I requested the same items for both sailings so hopefully, we can just keep the items for the full two weeks.

5 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

that choice still baffles me.  At home, yes, its fine in my garage.  But I'd never put it in a room let alone a cruise ship room.  I have one for the floor of my garage and it's really noisy.  

I figure it would be comical; I go to the fitness center for all my fitness needs

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I figure it would be comical; I go to the fitness center for all my fitness needs

lol not you!!  I mean as a selection in general. It was obviously some ridiculous marketing gimmick as really how can you maneuver around a bag in those rooms?  I would like it as just a photo op to post.

• Haha 1

Just now, jean87510 said:

lol not you!!  I mean as a selection in general. It was obviously some ridiculous marketing gimmick as really how can you maneuver around a bag in those rooms?  I would like it as just a photo op to post.

Yup!  Yoga for one requires moving around the furniture for a typical AQ room

We were on Equinox in September. I filled out the request the instant it hit my inbox. It showed multiples of each item available. Upon boarding the steward said they didn't have any of the items requested and offered me an alternative of the only two items they actually had which I think one was a yoga block. So in other words just because you reserve them doesn't guarantee you will get them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chimchimtx said:

We were on Equinox in September. I filled out the request the instant it hit my inbox. It showed multiples of each item available. Upon boarding the steward said they didn't have any of the items requested and offered me an alternative of the only two items they actually had which I think one was a yoga block. So in other words just because you reserve them doesn't guarantee you will get them.

I'm not shocked to hear this.  Disappointed maybe..but only if I don't get me acupressure mat!