Status Match From Royal Caribbean

ReneeFLL

Has anyone from Royal (diamond and above) used the status match program from Royal? If so what benefits did you receive? I’m curious if they will give free drinks like Royal does. Most interested in what they give for Pinnacles from Royal.

“we're inviting Sailors enrolled in other select rewards programs to come aboard our lady ships and we'll match (and give you more) than your current loyalty status. But no need to wait, you'll automatically become a Sea-Rover and get Deep Blue Extras on your very first voyage.”

The status match is the same

for everyone.  There’s a list on the VV site of what tiers they match from what lines.  Major perks (only thru 3/31) are priority boarding (and therefore activity booking), $100 bar tab, free load of laundry, $10/day coffee credit, a cocktail party and free premium WiFi 

3 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

The status match is the same

for everyone.  There’s a list on the VV site of what tiers they match from what lines.  Major perks (only thru 3/31) are priority boarding (and therefore activity booking), $100 bar tab, free load of laundry, $10/day coffee credit, a cocktail party and free premium WiFi 

This is why I was wondering what the benefits would be. “we'll match (and give you more) than your current loyalty status.” This is the confusing part. If that’s it then it’s not worth it to cram another cruise in before the end of March. They have a LONG way to match Royals loyalty program. We receive 6 free drinks (15.00 value each) per person per day, free internet each, laundry, etc. 

They are in the process of developing their own loyalty program; the status match is a temporary way of getting people on board while waiting for their program to be announced.  You've paid a lot of money for those perks on Royal over many years.  I enjoyed my "Deep Blue Extras" on our VV cruise, and really hope they extend it so I can take advantage of it on my next cruise.  

In addition to the above, I got $200 in extra Loot on my onboard booking...I don't know if that program is still available, but it required a rebooking on board , new, with no previously purchased next voyage credit and then layered the $200 on top of all the normal rebooking perks.

No, they don't match your current top loyalty status item for item.  You either qualify for the match or you don't.  If you qualify, you get Deep Blue Extras.  There are a few small things missing from the list above, but the big ones are there.

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

They are in the process of developing their own loyalty program; the status match is a temporary way of getting people on board while waiting for their program to be announced.  You've paid a lot of money for those perks on Royal over many years.  I enjoyed my "Deep Blue Extras" on our VV cruise, and really hope they extend it so I can take advantage of it on my next cruise.  

In addition to the above, I got $200 in extra Loot on my onboard booking...I don't know if that program is still available, but it required a rebooking on board , new, with no previously purchased next voyage credit and then layered the $200 on top of all the normal rebooking perks.

No, they don't match your current top loyalty status item for item.  You either qualify for the match or you don't.  If you qualify, you get Deep Blue Extras.  There are a few small things missing from the list above, but the big ones are there.

Thanks for the info. If I recall MSC would match their top tier with Royals top tier. I thought it might be something like that.

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info. If I recall MSC would match their top tier with Royals top tier. I thought it might be something like that.

MSC doesn't match feature for feature either.

We were "elite" with Princess. (their top tier) and we consider Virgin's perks to be much better than what Princess was offering. We'll never go back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

MSC doesn't match feature for feature either.

We were "elite" with Princess. (their top tier) and we consider Virgin's perks to be much better than what Princess was offering. We'll never go back.

Ditto.  I've never considered Princess to be a "premium line" although I've seen it categorized that way.  It has always been essentially the lowest we wanted to go in terms of food quality, etc.  We cruised them for the itineraries mainly--Japan, Alaska from Vancouver and some others just for dates/HA cabin availability. There was nothing wrong with Princess, but nothing outstanding.  Food, entertainment, decor was better on other lines.

We were much happier on VV.  I honestly didn't expect VV to suit us, and it was great.  The perks were an unplanned but lovely addition.  I had some suggestions for VV, but overall we were very pleased.

• Like 1

Just a FYI..

Deep Blue Extras are only applied to sailing by March 31, 2023. I have a cruise booked in Aug 2023, but was not given the Deep Blue extras, I was just upgraded to Sea Rover, as I am platinum on Carnival. 

I'm hoping they extend the Deep Blue Extras, beyond March, but we shall see, as Virgin is set to

announce their new loyalty program soon. 

• Like 1