Sunshine questions.

groundloop

We're combining a trip to Charleston with a cruise on Sunshine next month and have a few questions.

How well equipped is the fitness center and when is a good time to use it.  On other ships I've had to go to the fitness center early afternoons to avoid it being crowded, are there any other 'sweet spots' on sea days?

I've heard that early arrivals on embarkation day are parked furthest from the ship, is that correct? 

What time do the crowds start thinning out on embarkation day?  Maybe 1 PM or so?

Is it feasible to walk to your car once you get off the ship without waiting for a shuttle?

I don't know about the fitness center, other than it is very large.  I think crowds do thin out around 1.  It is feasible to walk to your car from the terminal, but we've never waited very long for the shuttles.

• Like 1

We had a 12:30 arrival and were parked far, far away. We were able to walk it though with our roller bags. On the return, we didn't want to wait in the long line for the shuttle so we walked. You don't walk through the parking lot, you walk around it on the street. It took maybe 10 minutes and wasn't hard, but not sure I'd do it again. 

The 12:30 arrival time was great. The lines moved fast, probably no more than a 5 minute wait. We were on the ship, did muster and were in our cabin at 1:30 when they opened them up.