Ballroom Dancing

Cruise Suzy

The January 30 Daily Program on the Eurodam hadthis listing:

5:00 p  Ballroom Dance Hour   B.B. King's Blues Club

I have no idea how many couples attended or what music was played. It conflicted with our dining reservations. 

Just thought I'd mention it.

Same pattern when I was on Eurodam in January. 5 PM on sea days. It does seem like an odd time. Perhaps they look on it as "filler" at a time when the schedule is light. Or perhaps they're throwing it under the entertainment bus by putting it at an inconvenient time so they can say that nobody wants ballroom dancing. Have you walked by to see how many people show up for it? 

Now that I think about it, they could offer ballroom dancing in the Ocean Bar at a better time. That has an unused dance floor. They use recorded music, so they could offer it anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Or perhaps they're throwing it under the entertainment bus by putting it at an inconvenient time so they can say that nobody wants ballroom dancing.

Cynical...but I agree.  Especially since the folks that want ballroom dancing most likely want early dining too.

I used to enjoy both the jazz sets and the ballroom sets played by the band in the Ocean Bar. The dance floor isn't huge, and the dancers weren't "Dancing With the Stars" caliber, but they were enjoying themselves. I remember one couple who had just started taking lessons. They would forget where they were in the dance, stop, laugh, count the beat, and start again. Not great dancers (yet) but they were having FUN, and that's the point. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I used to enjoy both the jazz sets and the ballroom sets played by the band in the Ocean Bar. The dance floor isn't huge, and the dancers weren't "Dancing With the Stars" caliber, but they were enjoying themselves. I remember one couple who had just started taking lessons. They would forget where they were in the dance, stop, laugh, count the beat, and start again. Not great dancers (yet) but they were having FUN, and that's the point. 

And that is how we started dancing. I saw dancers seeming to have such a good time on a cruise. Plus it was a nice excuse to hold DW. 😉 After that, at her insistence we started taking lesson.