can a mgm gold member get any perks on first cruise with royal carribean

tommy47

i am asking this because i saw online that mgm gold equals diamond member on royal carribean. i called royal carribean and the girl wasnt sure but she thought you could become a gold member with mgm if you are a diamond or higher on royal carribean. im thinking it should be the other way around where if your a gold member at mgm then you can get the diamond perks at royal carribean.  does anyone know for sure?  thank you

7 minutes ago, tommy47 said:

i am asking this because i saw online that mgm gold equals diamond member on royal carribean. i called royal carribean and the girl wasnt sure but she thought you could become a gold member with mgm if you are a diamond or higher on royal carribean. im thinking it should be the other way around where if your a gold member at mgm then you can get the diamond perks at royal carribean.  does anyone know for sure?  thank you

log into the MGM site. You should be able to get $125 in onboard credit.  You don't get Diamond status or benefits.   https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mgm-rewards/preferred-partners/royal-caribbean-and-celebrity-cruises.html  

ETA, all the rules are listed on that link, you need to call a number that is on there and add it either when you book the sailing or looks like within a certain time frame.  

Edited by rockmom

16 hours ago, rockmom said:

log into the MGM site. You should be able to get $125 in onboard credit.  You don't get Diamond status or benefits.   https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mgm-rewards/preferred-partners/royal-caribbean-and-celebrity-cruises.html  

ETA, all the rules are listed on that link, you need to call a number that is on there and add it either when you book the sailing or looks like within a certain time frame.  

You actually don't get the onboard credit unless you are booking a cruise with an MGM offer.  You used to be able to get the credit on any Royal cruise, but now it's only when it's a cruise booked with an MGM offer.  But definitely call the number and ask what offers or perks you may have.

1 hour ago, kfnesq said:

You actually don't get the onboard credit unless you are booking a cruise with an MGM offer.  You used to be able to get the credit on any Royal cruise, but now it's only when it's a cruise booked with an MGM offer.  But definitely call the number and ask what offers or perks you may have.

tagging the op, since this info was meant for them, not me.  @tommy47

• Like 1