Doing a 7 day out of NYC to Canada on the Venezia in September..What to expect?

valandemmy

20 hours ago, Mira28 said:

I have not used the cruiseline shuttles, but I'd imagine they are easy to find and a straightforward way to get to the airport. 

If you're solo, the cruise line shuttles are the way to go.  If you have 2 or more a taxi or Uber/Lyft would be better.  If you're going to JFK, the taxis should be flat rated, to LGA, it is I believe a timed ride like anywhere else.

It's been a while, but I thought taxis in NYC were flat rate outbound from the airport to within the 5 boroughs, but on the meter going in bound to the airport. That may have changed. 

Anyone have any recent experience parking at the NYC pier?  I frequently cruise out of Manhattan but  usually use a car service or a family member drops me off.  It's been about 5 yrs since I parked there and it was easy then.  I will be driving there in June and am wondering how it is now.  Is there a possibility that the lot will fill up and that parklng will not be available?  My plan is to arrive by 10 am but NYC rush hour traffic has a mind of it's own and can be very unpredictable. TIA