Meraviglia Jan. 22nd - Feb. 2nd, 2023 My Thoughts

ready2cruzagain

I'm happy to read such a positive review, in so many areas.

Just one note: washcloths, and top sheets, are not a usual European thing.  We've never had washcloths in European hotels or ships.  And top sheets seem to be non-existent even on many US cruiselines now, too.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm happy to read such a positive review, in so many areas.

Just one note: washcloths, and top sheets, are not a usual European thing.  We've never had washcloths in European hotels or ships.  And top sheets seem to be non-existent even on many US cruiselines now, too.

Yes, I agree about the top sheets. Even on Princess had to get a top sheet added.  I guess it just freaks me out not to have a washcloth 😂  This is the first ship I have ever had that happen. Next time will take one just in case!

Re sheets: It's like trying to buy sheet sets at Ikea instead of Target or Macy's!  Nothing but sets with bottom sheet and duvet cover only.

I appreciate your notes about drink stations, in particular.  It does seem that some people try one thing, don't see what they want, and just give up, later posting how disappointed they were.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 5:46 PM, ready2cruzagain said:

Yes, I agree about the top sheets. Even on Princess had to get a top sheet added.  I guess it just freaks me out not to have a washcloth 😂  This is the first ship I have ever had that happen. Next time will take one just in case!

And it freaks me out to see there won't be a top sheet when we go on the Mera in October! :classic_ohmy: I'm so glad I saw this post. LOL I'll have to make sure I ask the first night--I can't handle 11 nights with no top sheet. Several nieces and nephews (all kids of one of my sisters) have never ever used a top sheet and every time I'd sleep at my sister's house I'd have to ask for one. 

And yeah, I need a wash cloth, too! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I have a duvet at home on my bed but I have to have a top sheet. It is the feeling of it I guess.  

Yes, that's exactly it for me--the feeling. Also, a duvet cover was never a thing for anyone I've ever known. I've always known "bottom sheet, top sheet, comforter/bedspread." 

I'd never owned a duvet cover until very recently, and the only reason I bought it is because it was the material as some VERY nice sheets I discovered and I wanted my comforter to match. Also, it's the same material as the sheets. Even though the cover would feel the same as that sheets in this instance and probably be okay, I find a duvet cover is a lot of work to try and get a huge king-sized comforter inside of it going in the right direction, without big wrinkles and folds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 3:30 PM, caribbeanluvr said:

We were on the Meraviglia in early December for a 7 day cruise.  We only had 2300 people on board.  Value can't be beat.  I agree with most of your comments, but I loved the veal shank and had 2.  Also had 3 lobster tails on lobster night. The thermal spa was GREAT! The pay show we saw was awful. We missed one because we thought they would be spread out thru the week, but one show was the 1st 2 nights so we missed it. The reception desk gave me a slip of paper to get a refund.  Customer service said it would take 8 weeks to refund.  After 6 weeks I disputed it with my CC company and had the charge removed.  Going back for a 4 night cruise on Feb 26.  Looking forward to it, but expect a bigger crowd.

how does the The thermal spa work ?  do you buy a weekly pass like on NCL ??

2nd question is the enclosed pool fully enclosed or just wind stop glass with opening ?