Zodiac on Silver Moon

scott45

We are just about to book an Iceland to Southampton cruise on the Moon in July and now my husband is expressing concerns regarding the

Zodiac ride from the ship to some of the smaller villages in Iceland. He had an extremely bad experience previously…. The issue is not

Getting in or out but the potential rough waters. Is anyone familiar with the length of travel from the ship to the smaller locations and if

tenders are ever an option instead. 
Thanks in advance

No zodiacs on the Moon, it's not an expedition ship and it's not on an expedition cruise.

You will go ashore, if not docked, by tender - ie step on, step off lifeboat - no scrambling into an uncovered semi rigid rubber duck.

Of course, the waters can still be rough but the bigger lifeboats should ride fairly well., and you will at least be under cover.

And, it not being an expedition cruise, I suspect the threshold for cancelling tender ops in rough seas will be lower?

(At least I hope so, I'm on the same itinerary in August and can't stand tendering at the best of times. If it's rough, cancel the day and go somewhere else as far as I'm concerned).

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2