Dinner sittings?

Honeymooners2

G'day all,

I'm a newbie here. My parnter and I are cruising the Pacific Sun in December! We put in a preference of first dinner sitting, even though our travel agent really pushed us to choose second dinner sitting. Which do you think is better? I thought it would be good to get dinner out of the way and enjoy the night life on the ship and still have time to have a good nights sleep.

I've read that there are 5:45 and 6:15 sittings for the first sitting? Is that correct? Do they expect us to finish dinner in half an hour? Or are they for the two dinning rooms?

Also, if we are late to dinner, what happens? Do we miss out... ?

Hehe that's a lot of questions! Thanks for reading

- honeymooners2

G'day all,

I'm a newbie here. My parnter and I are cruising the Pacific Sun in December! We put in a preference of first dinner sitting, even though our travel agent really pushed us to choose second dinner sitting. Which do you think is better? I thought it would be good to get dinner out of the way and enjoy the night life on the ship and still have time to have a good nights sleep.

I've read that there are 5:45 and 6:15 sittings for the first sitting? Is that correct? Do they expect us to finish dinner in half an hour? Or are they for the two dinning rooms?

Also, if we are late to dinner, what happens? Do we miss out... ?

Hehe that's a lot of questions! Thanks for reading

There are 2 restuarants they start 1/2 hr apart,second sitting isn't until 8:00pm and 8:15pm, I prefer 1st sitting as you say get it out of the way and enjoy your night, the only problem is that if the ship sails at 6:00pm as it does in some ports you miss the sail away, so you have to decide which you prefer (check your sailaway times) they say the doors are closed 15 mins after dinner starts and you miss out but I've never tested that.

And the partying doesn't start until 2nd sitting is finished anyway. But we missed out on sailaways because we were first sitting, but then we had children to cater to so our holiday is different from yours. We had a honeymoon couple at our table.

On our past 2 cruises we had 1st sitting and every night we were late to dinner so we didn't miss the sailaways. The sunsets were magnificant!! Now that we're not taking 2 of our kids we decided for this cruise to have 2nd sitting, so it'll be interesting to see what we think of it.

If you choose 1st sitting just be a little late, they don't start your orders until everyone is there usually anyway. (on the Sky anyway that's what they did). And if you're late just back order what you want. It was never a problem when we were late.

Kerri

We are sailing on the Pacific Sun in June.

My questions are:

We are booked in for first sitting as my husband is a diabetic and it suits us better. We would prefer the 6.15 sitting to the 5.45. How do we make sure we have that sitting?

We also are booked in for a table for 8. This seems a good number to me, does anyone have any opinions on the difference it makes with the amount of people at your table? Which table size is the best?

Are we more likely to have a large family at our table or because it is not school holidays, would there be few children on board? Can anyone answer these questions?

Waiting with baited breath........

Jenny:)

>^..^<

We are sailing on the Pacific Sun in June.

My questions are:

We are booked in for first sitting as my husband is a diabetic and it suits us better. We would prefer the 6.15 sitting to the 5.45. How do we make sure we have that sitting?

We also are booked in for a table for 8. This seems a good number to me, does anyone have any opinions on the difference it makes with the amount of people at your table? Which table size is the best?

Are we more likely to have a large family at our table or because it is not school holidays, would there be few children on board? Can anyone answer these questions?

Waiting with baited breath........

Jenny:)

>^..^<

Normally Burgundy starts at 5:45 and Bordeaux starts at 6:15, but if your husband is a diabetic get your travel agent to let P&O know and they should accomodate it.

My last cruise I was booked on a table of 8 but ended up on a booth of 4, it's my only cruise with such a small table I prefer tables of 8 to 10, in Oct last year I was on a table of 10, 3 groups of 2 and a group of 4, it was a great way to meet people.

We are booked into 2nd sitting. When I cruised on the Fairstar I was on 2nd & never regretted it (I think DH was also on 2nd on his Fairstar cruises). This time I also have kids to worry about & getting them to kids dinner at 5, I thought it would be a rush to get ready for 1st sitting. I'm certainly not worried about not eating until 8 o'clock as we eat late at home anyway. The kids are not looking forward to eating at 5.

Karen

I think second is definately the way to go. It gives you time for a couple of drinks after getting back from the islands and evene a quick nap!!

Then head off to dinner at 8ish and party the night away. As others have said the club entertainment doesnt really get going till after the second show which usually finishes at 11 or 11.30pm.

But the ship will be a hive of activity after sunset anyway. It seems so much more lively at night. I guess cause during the day the passengers are either sleeping, at the island or up on deck... Then at night everyone seems to come out to play!

Either way have a great time and wnjoy yourself.

Cheers,

Dan

This time I also have kids to worry about & getting them to kids dinner at 5, I thought it would be a rush to get ready for 1st sitting. I'm certainly not worried about not eating until 8 o'clock as we eat late at home anyway. The kids are not looking forward to eating at 5.

Karen

Karen

Your older 2 will probably be eating with you, 12 and under normally eat at Kids dinner and over 12 usually eat with the parents, that's the way it's always happened for us.

I think second is definately the way to go. It gives you time for a couple of drinks after getting back from the islands and evene a quick nap!!

Then head off to dinner at 8ish and party the night away. As others have said the club entertainment doesnt really get going till after the second show which usually finishes at 11 or 11.30pm.

But the ship will be a hive of activity after sunset anyway. It seems so much more lively at night. I guess cause during the day the passengers are either sleeping, at the island or up on deck... Then at night everyone seems to come out to play!

Either way have a great time and wnjoy yourself.

Cheers,

Dan

Yes 2nd sitting is definetely the way to go. Mmm, would love a cocktail right now, thinking of dinner!! :D

Archived