QE cabin 6088? First time

momphoto

This is our first cruise on Cunard.  Looking at cabin 6088 and it is beside where the ship juts out.  Is the a good cabin.  I am guessing  the view aft will not be possible.  Will there be noise from the wind hitting the jut out?

8 hours ago, momphoto said:

This is our first cruise on Cunard.  Looking at cabin 6088 and it is beside where the ship juts out.  Is the a good cabin.  I am guessing  the view aft will not be possible.  Will there be noise from the wind hitting the jut out?

Not sure which Cunard vessel you've booked, but we've just finished a QE cruise in midships position, which is where your suite would be.  I'm assuming a Q3 or Queens Grill?  There was no wind noise, and we hardly felt the movement of the waves at all.  For an aft view, you need to be in one of the suites with a wrap-around balcony, which affords views to both the side and aft.  Friends on our voyage were in one of these, and loved the experience.

13 hours ago, momphoto said:

I would be wary of this cabin purely because the cabin next door has an extended balcony and any occupants would possibly be able to see slightly into yours.

Yes, I stand corrected (even if not very politely).  I had just assumed that the cabin numbers would be the same on each deck, but having checked, I now see they're not.  FWIW, the cabin we had on this last cruise was immediately adjacent to a similar cabin the OP is looking at, and you would have needed to fall overboard to see into that balcony from the balcony of our cabin.  We were on Deck 4 in a guaranteed cabin, and although we were happy with it, next time I would choose, because the interminable wait till your cabin is allocated is very frustrating, as you can't print boarding passes or luggage tags till allocation.  I think it was very close to embarkation day.