Check in time Panama (Colon)

Christina231955

Hi, we are on the Jewel Panama cruise next month and we’re wondering what would be the best check-in time. We would prefer to avoid the rush hour.  From what I’ve seen most people like to be on board for lunch so I’m thinking it will be very busy before that.  We will do the pre check-in before we leave but this is our first time on ncl so we will have to queue in the normal line. Would an afternoon slot be better? Also I know that every port is different with organization etc. so if someone has already done the boarding in Colon any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

for Jewel and Colon there was no time slot available during Check-In.

We arrived at Colon around 10:30 and were onboard about 12 (group 8).

Later we saw a lot of people in line waiting to board the ship so not sure if afternoon is really a better choice at Colon.... we felt that earlier was a better/quicker (at least for the 26th of January sailing)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, me_phisto said:

Hi,

for Jewel and Colon there was no time slot available during Check-In.

We arrived at Colon around 10:30 and were onboard about 12 (group 8).

Later we saw a lot of people in line waiting to board the ship so not sure if afternoon is really a better choice at Colon.... we felt that earlier was a better/quicker (at least for the 26th of January sailing)

You are right, I just completed the check in for my March cruise and picking a check in time was not an option 🤷‍♀️.

We were on the January 26 sailing out of Colon.  We arrived at 1:30 via NCL shuttle from the hotel.  We waited 3+ hours in line to board.  It was hell in 90 degree heat.  Those who arrived around 11 were on the ship in about 40 minutes.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2023 at 8:16 PM, jtdlmc said:

We were on the January 26 sailing out of Colon.  We arrived at 1:30 via NCL shuttle from the hotel.  We waited 3+ hours in line to board.  It was hell in 90 degree heat.  Those who arrived around 11 were on the ship in about 40 minutes.  

Was the shuttle from the pre cruise package at the Panama Hilton ?  What was the shuttle pick up time?

Thanks!

On 2/14/2023 at 1:25 PM, Bullies3 said:

Was the shuttle from the pre cruise package at the Panama Hilton ?  What was the shuttle pick up time?

Thanks!

Yes it was part of the NCL pre cruise package.  We had four buses which left 15 minute apart starting at 11 a.m.  There will be an NCL rep sitting in the hotel lobby when you arrive at the hotel.  I believe there is someone there all day and evening.  You check in with them and you will be assigned a bus time.  

Edited by jtdlmc

15 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

Yes it was part of the NCL pre cruise package.  We had four buses which left 15 minute apart starting at 11 a.m.  There will be an NCL rep sitting in the hotel lobby when you arrive at the hotel.  I believe there is someone there all day and evening.  You check in with them and you will be assigned a bus time.  

OK.  Thank you!