Chef's Table Timing Question

TxTeach79

Hey y'all! 

So on previous cruises, I've looked at booking Chef's Table and it's said "time will be given onboard" or something to that effect. Now, I have a cruise booked way in advance on Celebration and it's letting me select a specific day and time. Is that legit/normal? Just never seen it available that way, it's great if so, just curious!

Happy Cruising!

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, TxTeach79 said:

Hey y'all! 

So on previous cruises, I've looked at booking Chef's Table and it's said "time will be given onboard" or something to that effect. Now, I have a cruise booked way in advance on Celebration and it's letting me select a specific day and time. Is that legit/normal? Just never seen it available that way, it's great if so, just curious!

Happy Cruising!

Larger ship 😉

We did this on Sunshine this past December. The only time to sign up was the first night, but then when we got on, we’re assigned a night (not the first). We saw the parade we took from galley to dining location (library bar) go by us in the mdr on at least 4 of the 10 nights of the cruise. So, you will be assigned a random night (letter in your cabin), but you might be able to request a specific night if you go straight to the Matre-de embarkation afternoon. 

I got a phone call in my cabin and was able to set up the preferred day we wanted when on the Paradise last month. We had 3 nights to choose from, and probably only because we were one of the first they got in touch with, but I'm guessing had they not happened to get in touch with us when they did, we may have been assigned a random night wherever they could fit us in.

Celebration (and many of the newer ships) has a dedicated Chef's Table space and they do a Chef's Table sitting nearly every night of most cruises. On some other ships, Chef's Table doesn't have dedicated space and is more limited.

• Like 2