Coke products on Virgin

AtSeaWithChris

At a guess it depends, from Miami I expect it’s the standard American high fructose corn syrup. From Barcelona it might be a mixture of American Coke and Spanish Coke from sugar. I think when we did the transatlantic some of the cans were Spanish. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

At a guess it depends, from Miami I expect it’s the standard American high fructose corn syrup. From Barcelona it might be a mixture of American Coke and Spanish Coke from sugar. I think when we did the transatlantic some of the cans were Spanish. 

Thanks I figure that’s what it is. I wish we didn’t use HFCS here though. It seems other countries have better food than us in some cases. 

• Like 2

We lucked out on our first Miami voyage in December 2021, and they still had the European coke syrups from launch.  I LOVE European Fanta!!!  It was the bright orange nasty US version at Bimini, but the European version onboard.  Flash forward to my next voyage in June 2022, and it was crappy US syrups everywhere 

16 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

Thanks I figure that’s what it is. I wish we didn’t use HFCS here though. It seems other countries have better food than us in some cases. 

Seems to me, if one is concerned about food quality and healthy ingredients, Coca Cola products might want to be avoided. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

I LOVE European Fanta!!!

Yes!!! European Fanta is the best Fanta! Though, I will say I found the Spanish Fanta different and not as good as the Fanta I had in other parts of Europe, so ymmv on that. My husband and I figure it's so much better because it has to compete with the always superior, and more available in Europe, Orangina.  

• Like 2