New to RC how do you make dining reservations if you have open dining

My DH and I are going on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas with our 3 daughters, husbands and 6  grandkids. Our reservations were made with different travel agents.  Our reservation says we have open dining. Since we are new I’m not sure how to get the 4 different cabins linked with the same dining time. Is that possible? Could someone please walk me through what I need to do. Thank you! Diane 

You will find it in your cruise planner. First get the reservation numbers for all the other cruisers and link them on your cruise planner.  After that you should be able to make reservations for all your party's  I've never used different TA's so it might be slightly different.  You may need to get one of the TA's to link them.  

I would at least try and add their res's to your cruise planner and see how that goes.  After that it is done in the cruise planner.

You will find the link at the bottom of the dining page.

1138166831_ScreenShot2023-02-13at2_21_04PM.thumb.png.04e23ea1e8f5efcd7de90435844405ff.png

Before you can link a reservation with yours, you will need some basic information about each person's reservation:

• Reservation number
  • Last name
  • Date of birth

Once you're ready, you can link reservations together in one of three ways:

• Have your travel agent do it for you
  • Call Royal Caribbean and have them do it
  • Do it yourself online

If you want to do this on your own, you and them can log onto the Royal Caribbean website.

have-a-reservation.jpg?itok=ChzEyE7b

Just below your reservation information, you should see a button that says Have a Reservation? Click the blue Add a Cruise button.

This will take you to the Link A Cruise page. It will ask you for the Surname (Last Name) of the person you want to link, their date of birth, and their reservation number. Click Continue.

link-a-cruise.jpg?itok=J5fdfnRf

From there, it should locate their reservation and give you the option to link their reservation with your cruise!

Now you are all set! Your Main Dining Room table reservations will be set together. You’ll also have access to each other so that you can pay for each other’s excursions and other Cruise Planner items.

If you have open dining then what you have is MTD. Dining room opens at 6:30-6:45 and close around 9pm.  Just show up together and wait to be seated at a table for your group. You can go to the dining room as soon as you board and try to make your reservations for the week. Largest table in the dining room is for 10, sounds like you have 11. Dining staff will do what is needed to accommodate you. You can all go together every night or break up your party and go at different times.  Your other choice would be to change to traditional,  you can chose 5:30 or 8pm. Same table same waitstaff every night.  Dining room has three levels, two for traditional and one for my time. Changing to traditional would require everyone to have their TA do the change. 

52 minutes ago, teacherplus said:

Thank you for all the help my son in law was able to link everyone but my DH and I. Not sure what the problem is but I will try to call to get us linked with the others. We are 12 in our group. Thanks again!

I seem to remember there's a limit to the number of bookings one person can link to.

If you log in under your own account and/or your husband's you should be able to link to the other bookings between the two of you using the same steps posted above.