Port of Miami Rental Car help?

aimcat

After our cruise (coming off Celebrity Silhouette) late Feb, we need to travel north about an hour and a half. Where we are going Im told there are no Uber or Lyfts and it will  be best to rent a car and drive. Our arrival and departure airport is FLL. I didnt really want to go to airport just to rent. Any ideas on the best way to do this or rental companies or options near the port? Or using Turo? Has anyone done that? Just trying to figure that out! Thanks in advance! 

We're renting a car after our cruise and the cheapest I found was through Costco at MIA.  So we are going to uber to the airport to get the car.  There are several places in downtown Miami you could rent from but I found them to be more expensive.

Where we are going I'm told there are no Uber or Lyfts and it will  be best to rent a car and drive.

where you are going don't matter ... where you need to be picked up DOES .......

90 minute ride is a bit long for U/L but knot unheard of ...... using the app you can check the price (estimate)

<your post/question is not very clear btw so I'm not sure I'm actually answering your question . . .>

11 hours ago, aimcat said:

Just wondering closest and easiest way to get rental car from port? I checked the app and looks like to get Uber or Lyft there will be very hard. 

It will not be hard to get a Uber or Lyft anywhere in Miami. So is your question how to get a rental car? If so, then you grab an Uber/Lyft to Miami Airport and rent a car there. Or grab an Uber/Lyft to FLL airport and rent a car there. Any other rental will be more time consuming and complicate matters. 

1.5 hours north is still Broward/Palm Beach county. Unless you are in the extreme western portions of Palm Beach I would be surprised to see limited rideshare. But an 1.5 hour rideshare is not the norm. 

Just wondering closest and easiest way to get rental car from port? I checked the app and looks like to get Uber or Lyft there will be very hard. 

The majors run shuttles from the port to the airport <a few run shuttles to small downtown locations>

You need proof of a reservation to get on these shuttles IME ..... but they DO run

and btw if you 'just checked the app' it showed you NOW {then} ...... on a ship turnover day UBER/L are stacked up waiting for fares . . . 

If you don't want to travel over to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center to pick up a rental car you can pick up a vehicle at a downtown Miami rental car facility. Budget, Avis and Hertz have downtown Miami locations. They tend to be very busy on cruise turnaround days so pack your patience and be prepared to wait awhile. Personally, when I rent a vehicle I make my way over to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center 

• Like 1