BBQ and new reviews for Conquest

RDDAILY

Hi!  We will be sailing on Conquest in May.  I've read some of the old reviews and they mention that there is a BBQ restaurant one floor up from the buffet.  Does anyone know if that is still available?  And on that note, are there any newer reviews for the Conquest on the Carnival board?  Thanks!

The old fashioned BBQ  is the best kept secret for embarkation day.  Doug Parker of Cruise News Today mentions this in his Conquest review and I can tell you its true.  Last April we went for lunch -while the buffets were crazy - and there was one other couple there?  Food was great BBQ chicken, pulled pork, beef brisket,  and salads like coleslaw potato salad etc....but keep in mind this is just between you and me ...We are back on Conquest in April this year...Cheers

• Like 4

We just got off the Conquest on Monday and yes the BBQ is still there on the upper floor of the buffet (so deck 10 actually).  We had the bbq and while it tasted good, it was not hot unfortunately.  Not sure if we just timed it wrong or what.  But we did take our buffet plates on other visits up there to sit just because it was never busy and it was a nice break from the noise below.  Seems like the Splendor had a similar set up and it was the only place our group of 7 could find a spot to all sit together. 

• Like 2

It had the various Guy's BBQ sauces, but yes, the other branding wasn't there.  They had choices of pork, chicken or beef, mac n cheese, potato salad, cole slaw and a roll (no collard greens that the buffet bbq on Mardi Gras had).  Also seems like MG had sausage but I may not be remembering correctly.  

22 hours ago, KaiBlue said:

It had the various Guy's BBQ sauces, but yes, the other branding wasn't there.  They had choices of pork, chicken or beef, mac n cheese, potato salad, cole slaw and a roll (no collard greens that the buffet bbq on Mardi Gras had).  Also seems like MG had sausage but I may not be remembering correctly.  

Yes, you're correct.   Andouille sausage.   

Been a while since we've been on a Conquest class, but Ol' Fashioned BBQ was our go-to on embark day.  Great way to avoid Embark Buffet Madness (tm).  🙂  

• Like 1