Tracys Crab Shack versus The Crab House (at Icy Point Strait)

Guyc

The wife and I have done both. When at Icy Strait in May of 2019 we were able to get King Crab which were the biggest crabs we have ever had. It was pricy at around $65 but was a meal to remember. At Tracy's the lunches are great and the King crab is fantastic. Maybe not as big as crabs as Icy Staits. I think I have a picture I will attach. DSC08168.thumb.JPG.9e07ff06f836bbb93788927d15102804.JPG

Edited by vivian02
  • Like 2

Happy to see this question.  We frequently do the Alaska cruises and was wondering about ISP.  My eldest son always insists on Tracy's (last September was $95 for 2 legs and 2 beers).  This year an excursion in Juneau makes it sort of hard.  Have never had crab at ISP, so it will be worth a try for us while the others zip line.  Glad to see they have King for him, I will take the Dungeness.  Thanks everyone 

Yes, but you may have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it.  

Fishing has been closed for red and blue king crab, but there will be a harvest of golden king crab.  There is also a possibility of importing crab from South America or Russia.  I would expect to see red king crab going for $80 or over a pound if you can find it.

if you really want king crab, run by your local Costco for golden king crab, where it was selling last month for $35 a pound and is exactly the same crab you'll be served in Alaska this summer.

#realalaskanseatdungie

• Like 2