Current Promo--75% off Second Guest

CharmCity2000

The promos are mostly BS.  A few  Mock bookings really show how Celebrity pricing is currently all over the place with many making no sense at all.  I did a mock booking for the Mediterranean this summer and could book a guarantee suite with all their perks including $300 per person OBC/premium drinks and Wi-Fi  and access to the Retreat for a few $100 less than a sunset verandah with classic beverage/basic Wi-Fi and no OBC.  Makes no sense unless you must be on the aft.

Another was a cruise only rate in a regular verandah for $1300.  If you wanted the always included it became $2700.  Really?  More than double?  It’s nuts.  I don’t pay much attention to the promos.  You have to do these mock bookings and see what the final costs are.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We just got off the Edge from a Panama Canal and we were introduced to a sale which offered the 75% off the second guest plus “up to” $800 in OBC.  We bought a refundable certificate that gets us this deal is we book within 6 months.

Sounds like the 75% part is same but the OBC is different but misleading as you’d need to sail many many days to get the full $800.  I think a 10 day cruise would have gotten us like $200 for a Verandah room

We will likely compare to a travel agents offer before we decide as they usually offer more OBC and still get the other perks

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 1

Thank you all. Not sure if I got the best/better deal with this promo, but we are Booked! Can't wait to try Celebrity Edge. My TA said yes, we will be eligible for move up bidding, but we'll see if that is even worth doing. Thanks for the replies.