Adding someone

sunny4jj

According to my PVP, if there is any chance you might be adding someone later, it’s best to book the cabin for 2, with the second person being designated as “TBD.”  That way the space is reserved for them.  If/when they do decide to come, the name can be added.  The PVP suggested that if they aren’t coming, it’s best to remove them prior to final payment.  However, I have heard here on the boards that it would also work for them to be a no-show.

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

According to my PVP, if there is any chance you might be adding someone later, it’s best to book the cabin for 2, with the second person being designated as “TBD.”  That way the space is reserved for them.  If/when they do decide to come, the name can be added.  The PVP suggested that if they aren’t coming, it’s best to remove them prior to final payment.  However, I have heard here on the boards that it would also work for them to be a no-show.

If you leave them, you will need to pay the taxes and fees then wait for a refund.  There is no reason to do so for a solo.  You aren't in danger of getting moved like if you were changing from 4 persons to 2.

• Like 1

Yes, you can - I do it all the time. *Most* of the time, it's just adding that second person's taxes/port fees, but the base fare per person could change depending on the promo code you booked with, if any. If you have OBC, it might change from you getting all of it, to it being split between you and the other person, which is also dependent on the rate code you booked with. If the ship is sold out, then there is a possibility you may not be able to add the second person, but I have never encountered that myself.

• Like 1