MSC first timer - Divina and Miami questions

cruisy-suzy

Hi Cruisers,

I'm considering a solo 7 day cruise in April on Divina. I've seen good and bad reviews and I'm am experienced cruiser on Carnival and Norwegian. 

I can't find any info on airport transfers. Do you buy them as an excursion from MSC, or arrange your own? Any advice on getting from/to both MIA and FLL? Unsure which airport I would fly into.

Miami hotel recommendations? Especially helpful if no ship sponsored transfer, one with shuttle to pier.

What is this "linking your room key to your credit card" at a kiosk onboard? Don't they just do this for you at cruise terminal check-in?

How much do the paid shows cost and opinions whether they are worth it?

I use a CPAP, will housekeeping provide an extension cord or do I need to bring one? Or maybe the plug in is right by the bed.

Is there a do it yourself laundry room on board?

Thanks!

Cruisy-Suzy

First of all do you have a confirmed solo reservation for the Divina? Solo rooms are not always available.

There are no paid shows on the Divina.

You link your room key and credit card at numerous machines throught the ship.  No big deal.

Not familiar with airport to pier shuttles.  We always fly in a day early and stay at a hotel that has airport pickup.  The next day we uber or Lyft to the pier.

Always bring your own extension cord and there is no self service laundry on the ship.

Have a great cruise,

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CarolnLarry said:

First of all do you have a confirmed solo reservation for the Divina? Solo rooms are not always available.

There are no paid shows on the Divina.

You link your room key and credit card at numerous machines throught the ship.  No big deal.

Not familiar with airport to pier shuttles.  We always fly in a day early and stay at a hotel that has airport pickup.  The next day we uber or Lyft to the pier.

Always bring your own extension cord and there is no self service laundry on the ship.

Have a great cruise,

Thanks CarolnLarry!

The solo booking is available online, I'm booking tomorrow.

Any hotel recommendations? Thanks!

Ok most of my questions answered, but here are two more:

1. How much is the nome streaming wifi for one device for 7 days?

2. On Carnival we always pre-order a case of bottled water for our room, delivered the first day. Can you do this with MSC?

Thanks again.

Cruisy-Suzy

5 hours ago, cruisy-suzy said:

Ok most of my questions answered, but here are two more:

1. How much is the nome streaming wifi for one device for 7 days?

2. On Carnival we always pre-order a case of bottled water for our room, delivered the first day. Can you do this with MSC?

Thanks again.

Cruisy-Suzy

Not sure on the price of the wifi but you should be able to see the price once you book in your booking online. (I did say you "should" be able to).

No you cannot pre-order a case of water for your cabin.

And the best advice I can give you is do not go on this cruise and compare everything to Carnival or NCL. This is MSC and nothing like Carnival or NCL. You need to have an open mind when cruising with MSC. They are an Italian cruise line and do things differently. 

• Like 4