4 * credit for pre-paid dinner reservations

mobilemac

My wife and I are 4 * Mariners with an upcoming cruise on the Rotterdam.  We have a particular night and time we need to reserve dinner, but I am concerned that if we wait until we board ship, like we have always done in the past, we might not get the time slot we need.  If I reserve now, however, I'll need to pay the full price for two people now, and the system won't recognize our 4* 50% dining credit.   Question ... once we are onboard and go to dinner, will the shipboard accounting system then recognize our discount and return the overpayment to our onboard account?  Thanks.

Sometimes the on-board accounting system will need a little prompting (while other times it will need a LOT of prompting), but if you work at it, eventually you will be credited for the extra payment. 
Book in advance, pay, then be prepared to nag, to get both the date/time you want, and the refund you are entitled to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your "Loyalty Discount" will be applied as a credit to your stateroom account while you are onboard as the first entry on your account (keep checking).  I have never had my discount not credited by the ship.  It is the 5* Star free Special Restaurant meals that are an issue if you book/pay early and then try to get 100% returned.  Book now to be safe.

I understand that if you book a Pinnacle dining in advance of the cruise and as a 5* I am entitled to two of them free.  So today I booked dining there for my DW and I on our 60th wedding anniversary next month.  Got a reply that they wouldn't accept my credit card; try another one.  That is the credit card that has paid for the cruise and air fare to Japan.  I am not going to stress about it as I have heard about their abysmal internet system.  Will try again in a day or two.

Ray

• Like 1

we are also 4 Star and on our last cruise I book Pinnacle for 5 nights and paid full amount on website. as we had each dinner the credit showed up on our account for discount.  the best reason to do this is to lock in your dinning time i had no problem getting 7pm each night