Ships with Sails

Cruisedreamer1

You are missing a great experience. The sailing ships are our favorite. As for motion the sails can cause more stability not less, the ships have good stabilizers plus the sails. If you are looking for a cabin mid-ship, down on the first level calmest place to be.  We have crossed the Atlantic twice and the Pacific once on the sailing ships and it has been smooth going. There are engines but when the conditions are correct the Captain shuts off the engines and you have bliss. We we fortunate to sail along the Amalfi Coast engine free it was heavenly. Of course the ocean is the ocean and it can be rough but I  ( sailed my entire life ) would rather be on one of the WS Sailing ships than the motor yachts. Plus the deck space on a sailing ship is much bigger, less crowded.  We have been on 27 WS cruises, 26 sailing, one motor yacht. The motor yacht was great and we are going  on one again in September to Greenland but our hearts are on the sailing yachts. Give one a try. If you are going to Tahiti the Lagoon screams sailing, only way to go is under sail. Happy Sailing

Hi, The Caribbean is also perfect gentle winds,

We take a 14 day trip every January, this year we did 17 at Christmas. I love the BVIs, Ils de Saints, Bequia, St. Lucia. We like leaving from St. Martin or Barbados because from  Boston  relatively easy to get there. Also, on the Wind Star ( 149 pax ) they do nice Panama Canal, Costa Rica, great stops. I wrote a nice review of the Christmas Cruise on the Review section, it is the 2nd one in, opposite  of the one star review. We do vacations with WSCruises and trips, 2 different concepts for us. Both are great for us. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Sailing

( Lucky you 9 times Tahiti, beautiful area of our  world ) 

I was like you, somewhat concerned about the motion of the ocean on the sailing ships. We've sailed 3 times on them (2 Windsurf, 1 Windspirit) and it's the darndest thing: they're really stable. One of our Windsurf cruises went through a storm at night and it wasn't bad at all. We were on deck 1, midship, the only place I like to be!