Epic - cold drinks in the studio lounge?

NillaB

I'm considering a studio cabin on the Epic, and apparently there's not a fridge in the cabin.

Does anyone know if there will be cold drinks (soda/sparkling water) available in the lounge outside of the late afternoon "social hour"?

When I was in a solo room on Epic in 2016 (so this may have change) there was always cold ice water, soft drinks, hot tea/coffee and snack available in the lounge (bar tender at times).  I believe the water and juices were always available. I would book a room closest you can get to the lounge if you think you'll be making mid-night runs.

• Thanks 1

I stayed on the Epic on a studio cabin for the Christmas week last December (2 months ago). The bartender is there for limited hours in the evening and the only drink you can have after that is the coffee from the machine there. I just made sure that I refilled my tumbler with water everyday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viajera7 said:

I stayed on the Epic on a studio cabin for the Christmas week last December (2 months ago). The bartender is there for limited hours in the evening and the only drink you can have after that is the coffee from the machine there. I just made sure that I refilled my tumbler with water everyday.

May I ask which cabin you had and were you happy with it?

There's a lot of blank space around the solo cabins, so could be anything next to the cabin...

7 hours ago, NillaB said:

There's not too many studios left that aren't connected,

I'm not sure what the push to get a non-connecting cabin is.  I was in a connecting Studio on the Bliss and had no issues with it. 

Of more concern to me (which it turns out I had on that cruise and I now make sure to do it if I book a Studio) is being near the middle of the hall (as far from the doors to the Studio area as I can be) and not bordering the public hallway.  Why?  Some people have no consideration for letting those doors close gently, and on that cruise there were some crew members using it as a pass-through late at night even though they weren't supposed to.  It didn't bother ME, but those near the doors complained.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1