Norwegian BOGo flight to Rome

Dzabala

We just booked a Greece cruise from Charlotte to Rome with flight deviations.  Does anyone have experience with this ? And will the flights be a reasonable length ? Or should we book on our own?  
Thanks for any advice 

NCL will book you on the cheapest flights that they can find that meet the criteria of the terms of the promotion.  No one will really know what that is until they book them. 

The fact that you are coming from Charlotte probably works in your favor since American Airlines uses that as a major hub for Trans-Atlantic flights.  I would probably expect a flight on American to some gateway city in Western Europe and then a change of planes to get you to Rome.  Perhaps there is even a Charlotte to Rome direct flight.  I doubt they would route you from Charlotte to Newark or Atlanta or Detroit, for example, before flying over the ocean, but it's possible.  

You will get Economy seats, which you can then contact the airline to use points or pay for seat changes, if that airline permits it.  You don't always have full control to do what you really want.  It's a bit of a roll of the dice.

To remove the uncertainty, you can, of course book your own flights and cancel out of the BOGO offer.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

Someone posted about flights to Rome from Charlotte a week or so ago on another social media platform. 
They were complaining about the flights they were assigned so I asked them if it was really worth the frustration and stress just to get the BOGO through NCL. 

Their response was “definitely it was worth it, we saved about $2500” 

For 2 people that sounded a little high to me. A flight from Charlotte to Rome does not cost $2500 when they’re going I looked.

When I pointed that out to them they seemed shocked. It didn’t seem like they had even checked the prices before accepting the price NCL quoted them. 

Long story short do your homework, check flight prices before you book the BOGO through the cruise line. 

That couple I’m referencing could have purchased flights on their own and saved over $500 but they assumed that NCL was giving them the best price. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Thanks 1

In 2019, we flew direct nonstop from Charlotte to Rome with NCL BOGO.  We did a 2 day deviation. Our return flight was not so good-Rome to Amsterdam to Atlanta to Charlotte.We were very delayed in Atlanta due to weather & very late getting to Charlotte. We wound up staying in Charlotte overnight as we had another hour to drive home & we were exhausted & the weather was bad. Would we do it again? Yes, we did & we will. We realize that they aren't always the ideal flights but they are the most affordable & often the ones we would have chosen as our choices from Charlotte are often limited. 

• Thanks 1

We took advantage of the BOGO flight to Rome and are waiting for our flight assignments.  NCL charged $1,429 for the flight which is the going rate for a single ticket, so we are saving $3k (family of 4) with the offer.  We’ll suck it up and deal with whatever flight they give us for that kind of savings.

they are allowed to book you with up to 2 stops, but I’m not sure if there was any guideline on layover time.  I’m anxiously awaiting how many of our 3 cabins will be on the same flight.

• Thanks 1