NCL still dragging their feet after nearly 5 months with issuing FCC

danny6514

We were supposed to cruise last Oct but had to cancel due to contracting COVID. We submitted our covid test report to NCL and was told FCC would be issued within 30 days. Months go by and all emails to them were ignored, until finally in January, 3 months later, they admitted to have closed our case as they haven't heard back from us. My TA had to send them proof of us sending multiple follow up emails for them to agree to reopen and escalate the case. Well, many weeks have gone by again and all they can say is to tell us to wait more as it's up to the "another department" to issue it. I've always heard of horror stories like these, but it's getting very ridiculous, especially when they set a 1 year limit (from the sail date) to use the FCC. Do any of you have any suggestions what I can do to actually get the FCC issued? Thank you! 

Edited by danny6514

• danny6514 changed the title to NCL still dragging their feet after nearly 5 months with issuing FCC
4 minutes ago, Cruisin MarcnFran said:

@danny6514  If you used a credit card for payment…contact them and start what’s known as a Charge Back. I take it you didn’t have insurance. Being that your TA isn’t really helping. This will hopefully get you your money back.

Be careful with the CC chargeback. Some cruise lines add pax who do that to no-sail lists. 

12 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Google is your friend. Here is one example where NCL did this very thing: https://consumerrescue.org/cruise-fiascos/cruise-line-do-not-sail-list-banned-from-cruising/

Great article explaining this. I suspect a few folks from my 12/31 cruise are going to be added to this list as they claim they've initiated chargebacks for ridiculous reasons. 

Thanks for sharing!