Bordeaux Hotel Question

lovetotraveltx

We are booked for two nights in the Renaissance Bordeaux right now. Then, will be sailing on a River cruise. Is the Hilton Garden Inn a better location for walking to dining, etc? Thank you!

Also, any easy to get to restaurants for dinner on the night of our arrival? 

Easy with a taxi :).  Bordeaux is a pretty big town and the Renaissance would not be my choice if location was a primary issue.  We would prefer something closer to the Old Town/Saint Pierre area.  But, if you like the hotel and have no issues with grabbing a taxi than you can dine anywhere you please.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Hotel De Tourny this past summer for a few days.  I did like the hotel and it's location.  There is a Paul at the end of the block to get morning croissants.  A Carrafour Express the other way a block away to pick up any last minute snacks.  It's maybe a 5-10 minute walk to the Place des Quincones and the Place de la Bourse and the waterfront.  Lots of restaurants and shops just South of Quincones, including the large outdoor shopping mall of Rue Sainte-Catherine.  It's not a US chain hotel, and it's small.  The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. 

On 3/2/2023 at 8:29 AM, Hlitner said:

Easy with a taxi :).  Bordeaux is a pretty big town and the Renaissance would not be my choice if location was a primary issue.  We would prefer something closer to the Old Town/Saint Pierre area.  But, if you like the hotel and have no issues with grabbing a taxi than you can dine anywhere you please.

Hank

What hotel(s) do you like? What about the location of the Hilton Garden Inn? Thank you

2 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

What hotel(s) do you like? What about the location of the Hilton Garden Inn? Thank you

DW and I have both forgotten what hotel we used in Bordeaux (it was not memorable).  I have no familiarity with the HIlton Garden but looking at a map it seems like a long walk (or quick taxi ride) to some of the popular restaurant areas.  Even when we have a rental car we prefer to walk or taxi at night so I can enjoy my vino :).

Hank