Aurora balcony cabin advice please!

CaptainPedantic

It's 12 years since our last Aurora cruise and she's still our favourite ever ship... Looking for some advice on a couple of balcony cabin options near the tiered aft deck. C310 is a standard balcony that's the furthest back on the port side, D205 is a deluxe balcony directly behind the terrace bar on the starboard side. Has anyone on here stayed in either of these cabins? I read on another site that D205 has a steel surround which means having to stand up to get a proper sea view. 

We spend a lot of time on the balcony, so keen to get your advice please!

This is what I understand, I have booked an equivalent  single balcony cabin D200 - D210 on the port side stern. The deck plan shows a hash and a raindrop on the cabin which notes the cabin has a steel fronted balcony and is partially shaded.

Doesn't really bother me, I went for the location on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

That area used to be the kids clubs so the cabins in that area are only 5 years old. They are shaded because the hull slopes outward on that deck and the cabin is shorter at floor level. The sea view cabins forward on that deck are the same. There is a steel fronted balcony because they just cut the kids club windows down to floor level and widened them. The balcony is actually inside the hull. Check online images and you can see the sloping hull

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

I read on another site that D205 has a steel surround which means having to stand up to get a proper sea view. 

That’s correct. If you look at the deck plan (see link) any cabin with a hash symbol (#) has a steel fronted balcony, which obstructs the view.

There is often confusion regarding Aurora about balconies on A and C deck, as these are cut out of the hull, so the corners of the balcony are curved and marginally enclosed. However, the area under the hand rail is glass, so views are unaffected by this. 

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/ships/2020-Aurora-deck-plans.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1