Coco Cay Beach Beds

I've got several Royal cruises coming up and I noticed that the "Breezy Bay" beach bed and the "South Beach" bed are cheaper than the "Chill Island" beach beds by $100 or so.  I don't understand why.  Can anyone provide a theory on why the "Chill Island" ones are more expensive than the other two locations?  Thanks in advance!  

3 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

Royal uses dynamic pricing.  As one particular area gets booked up the price will go up leaving the other with lower prices.  Once the other areas catch up in demand their price will rise as well.

Except -- the one I'm looking at is one that can't possibly be anywhere near booked yet as it's on the last leg of the World Cruise on September 9, 2024.  Breezy Bay and South Beach day beds are listed at $219, and Chill Island is $329.  On the first segment for December 11, 2023 -- Breezy Bay beds aren't offered at all for some reason, and a South Beach bed is listed at $199 and Chill Island is $299.  Is there something innately $100 better about the Chill Island ones? 

3 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

Is there something innately $100 better about the Chill Island ones? 

Honestly that I don't know.  I haven't been to Cococay since they re did it.  I'll be there next week and let you know what i see 😉 

10 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

Is there something innately $100 better about the Chill Island ones? 

not that I know of.

We liked the Breezy bay part a lot more than Chill Island (not the bed, mind you, just the beach area). Chill island part is where most people head first off of the ship and it's very crowded.

Breezy Bay part of the Chill Island: The beach beds were from this point and to the right.

image.thumb.jpeg.434db7068774fcec25aad99861ebe7eb.jpeg

I don't even remember seeing beach beds in the Chill Island part:

here is the view to the right: could the beach beds be over there in the background? you can see something in front of the ship.

20211127_113300-Copy.thumb.jpg.2ca0b248d0d1732de22c0de47ed5859f.jpg

middle

20211127_113302-Copy.thumb.jpg.8ce8586a804358ce28d0e93b747eee5d.jpg

and left part of the Chill island:

20211127_113306.thumb.jpg.1febe6535faa570ca84f6adc3b64cc7a.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We liked the Breezy bay part a lot more than Chill Island (not the bed, mind you, just the beach area). Chill island part is where most people head first off of the ship and it's very crowded.

Thanks for your post and pics!  We got a Breezy Bay bed for our upcoming cruise in a few weeks and that will be our first time on Coco Cay and I'll be able to check out the island and see those other sections.  But I think you made a good point -- Chill Island being where people head when they get to the island is probably at least part of the reason those day beds are more.  Thanks again!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't even remember seeing beach beds in the Chill Island part:

here is the view to the right: could the beach beds be over there in the background? you can see something in front of the ship.

20211127_113300-Copy.thumb.jpg.2ca0b248d0d1732de22c0de47ed5859f.jpg

Yes, if you look to the far right to the last palm tree, you can see the beach bed just to the palm tree's left.  They are all in a row against the backdrop of the ship so they sort of blend in.  I think families like this area as it's the small, shallow protective coves, easy to get from the ship and back, close to the 'free' smaller kid's water park and not that far to go to Thrill water park either. 

image.thumb.png.7863b2b5d587b2ab1ea3c466bbe1286f.png 

• Like 1