Embark Disembark Days Excursion Choice Process

Vagabond51

We are sailing Istanbul Barcelona 28 days. Viking breaks this sailing into 3 pieces. We are unable to book excursions Day 2 Athens, Day 2 Venice and Civitavecchia now. Our understanding is we will be able to book excursions for those days once onboard. We prefer to have our shore excursion or private tours itinerary completed well in advance while understanding "stuff happens" and we should expect changes from time to time. We upgraded to a PV stateroom so as to ensure premium excursion availability. So once we board, I believe at noon, will MVJ list whats available or do we need to go down to the excursion desk and book. We understand the list will be basic, but we are trying to decide to hire private or take a chance we have transportation that works for us. With limited excursion choices we are thinking what is offered will be chocker full and slow and it may be wise to make alternative arrangements to avoid this. Am I wrong here? Anyone done this and can share their experiences? Thanks.

As Squawkman says, your booking will disappear from the MVJ website on embarkation day (and is read only for the 7 days prior to embarkation;  no transactions allowed).  If there is anything on there that you want to save for future reference, do it before you leave home.  

Upon embarkation, you can use either your TV or the VIKING VOYAGER App to view your calendar, make or break dinner reservation and to book shore excursions. 

Since I prefer to do stuff in person and because it's been a long time since we did a b2b, I can't tell you if the particular b2b only tours information will be available on the TV or Viking Voyager.  I've never looked for it there. 

2 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Since I prefer to do stuff in person and because it's been a long time since we did a b2b, I can't tell you if the particular b2b only tours information will be available on the TV or Viking Voyager.  I've never looked for it there. 

I thought they also provided a letter in your mail.

1 hour ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I thought they also provided a letter in your mail.

They do but I can't remember when it was delivered to our cabin. Maybe someone who has done a b2b recently can answer the question.

Edited by Peregrina651