RCCL check in time and priority check in

We have not cruised for over 3 years, and I should know this but would like confirmation from regular cruisers.

I have just completed check-in and the earliest window I was offered was 3:30. 

Our hotel check-out in Sydney is 11 am, so would like to board at say 11:45/12:00

What time does RCCL (Ovation) currently start boarding passengers?

I believe we can just board anytime as we have priority check-in being in a suite and diamond?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Well , technically you are supposed to stick your 3:30 check in.

You can drop your bags and check them in from about 8:00am and go for a walk ,do the tourist thing.

I would suggest, check out of your hotel, drop your bags and play it by ear.

Depending on the day I think you should be able to get on around 1:00 or 2:00.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jedi_Laz said:

We have not cruised for over 3 years, and I should know this but would like confirmation from regular cruisers.

I have just completed check-in and the earliest window I was offered was 3:30. 

Our hotel check-out in Sydney is 11 am, so would like to board at say 11:45/12:00

What time does RCCL (Ovation) currently start boarding passengers?

I believe we can just board anytime as we have priority check-in being in a suite and diamond?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Being Diamond means nothing these day unfortunately, but if you are in a Full Suite, you might be able to check in earlier. I think you might get priority.

• Thanks 1

My friend got on the Ovation last Friday and was booked in for the wellness check at the 4:30-5:00 time slot but he went there around 3pm and was able to check in & board with no issue. He was in a Balcony room.

I'm boarding the same ship next month in a full suite, but currently booked for the 2:30-3:00 slot. I really want to board sooner so am going to take my chances by arriving early also.

Edited by cruise_critical
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cruise_critical said:

My friend got on the Ovation last Friday and was booked in for the wellness check at the 4:30-5:00 time slot but he went there around 3pm and was able to check in & board with no issue. He was in a Balcony room.

I'm boarding the same ship next month in a full suite, but currently booked for the 2:30-3:00 slot. I really want to board sooner so am going to take my chances by arriving early also.

Full suite I think you will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Royal's website lists a dedicated check in queue and priority boarding for all suite types (including Junior Suites) in Royal Suite Class, which covers Ovation.  So it doesn't specifically say you can check in whenever, but it looks promising. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class 

28 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Could someone explain if the wellness check is something that's booked separately to your check in time please. We have an 11.30 check in time.

We sail on Quantum to NZ next week.

I'm pretty sure that the wellness check is your designated check in time slot and you do it as part of checking in on the day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

Could someone explain if the wellness check is something that's booked separately to your check in time please. We have an 11.30 check in time.

We sail on Quantum to NZ next week.

I’ve done a couple of cruises this season and from what I understand it’s just to view your vaccination certificate and RAT ,a couple of minutes.

Thats what I understand the wellness check is .

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Ovation March 11 cruise. Our check in time was 1:00 with hotel check out of 11:00. We dropped our bags off at 11:15 not expecting to board yet but it wasn't that crowded and they were doing open boarding. We were on board with the muster drill completed by 11:50.

• Thanks 3