Peninsular club - future cruise credit

cjc23

We recently booked Ariva for next year, and didnt quote our portunus then peninsular membership as thought lapsed seeing as not cruised with P&O for over 15 years.  Now found paperwork and think peninsular still valid as no expiry date.

will i be entitled to any extra OBC if I contact my travel agent and have my membership added?

TIA 

Edited by cjc23

Unless there is some special offer on at the time, being in the Peninsular Club does not give any additional OBC unless it is a Peninsular cruise. Normally when you book the system knows that you are in the Peninsular Club and applies whatever is on offer.

• Like 1

Just now, jeanlyon said:

I haven't criuised since October 2019 and my Caribbean level is still valid.  However, I think after 3 years, it expires.

Not in the Peninsular Club - the only time that happens is if you are at Baltic level and you do not have the requisite number of nights.

15 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I haven't criuised since October 2019 and my Caribbean level is still valid.  However, I think after 3 years, it expires.

We didn't cruise with P&O between Dec 2016 (having been Baltic at that point) and Nov 2022 but were still welcomed back as Caribbean tier members. However, it's possible that 15 years could be too long so it's worth checking.

It's definitely worth a phone call, as swanseaboy says above you might at least be entitled to onboard discounts and any other loyalty benefits.

15 minutes ago, CaptainPedantic said:

We didn't cruise with P&O between Dec 2016 (having been Baltic at that point) and Nov 2022 but were still welcomed back as Caribbean tier members. However, it's possible that 15 years could be too long so it's worth checking.

It's definitely worth a phone call, as swanseaboy says above you might at least be entitled to onboard discounts and any other loyalty benefits.

You do not lose your status. They did have a 3 year rule about 10 years ago. It was scrapped. Any cruises after 2001 still count. This is when the POSH club ended. Not sure of the exact date but our 2001 August cruise still counts. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cjc23 said:

We recently booked Ariva for next year, and didnt quote our portunus then peninsular membership as thought lapsed seeing as not cruised with P&O for over 15 years.  Now found paperwork and think peninsular still valid as no expiry date.

will i be entitled to any extra OBC if I contact my travel agent and have my membership added?

TIA 

I had a 12 year gap in my P&O cruising.

Previously my last P&O cruise had been booked by my late wife as the lead passenger. When I started cruising again by myself with P&O I found they had automatically converted my Portunus points to the Peninsular club points.