Laundry Prices

*Fudge*

On 3/8/2023 at 11:17 AM, dolls123 said:

Do they have a pressing special on the first day ?? 

No Special.   I you choose to send out pressing for the next day's Chic nigh you will have to pay a 50% premium. 

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

No Special.   I you choose to send out pressing for the next day's Chic nigh you will have to pay a 50% premium. 

Seriously, Jim? My wife is nutty about "wrinkles" in clothing (including mine) and hates that she can't bring an iron aboard. Thus, she likes to send things to the laundry for pressing -- at whatever exorbitant cost.

We must have missed that up-charge last year, and I haven't seen any "small print" to this effect, but it's good to know. Thank you!

cjr

28 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

Seriously, Jim? My wife is nutty about "wrinkles" in clothing (including mine) and hates that she can't bring an iron aboard. Thus, she likes to send things to the laundry for pressing -- at whatever exorbitant cost.

We must have missed that up-charge last year, and I haven't seen any "small print" to this effect, but it's good to know. Thank you!

cjr

On many cruises the second night is Chic Night.   When I've sent out pressing our butler pointed out there was a 50% premium.    I said I didn't care and wrote Zenith on the ticket -  I wasn't charged

image.png.bd1c43abbffa02f3b536a1eea0428664.png

I always send our jackets out for pressing also.  

I was reading on a different thread that many woman say they bring along a "Hair Press" and works well on removing wrinkles.   I personally don't understand why one of these is legal and an iron isn't - maybe because of the maximum temperature.

image.thumb.png.a1701074bcf039f0ed29bfe295c8d3e6.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

On many cruises the second night is Chic Night.   When I've sent out pressing our butler pointed out there was a 50% premium.    I said I didn't care and wrote Zenith on the ticket -  I wasn't charged

I always send our jackets out for pressing also.  

I was reading on a different thread that many woman say they bring along a "Hair Press" and works well on removing wrinkles.   I personally don't understand why one of these is legal and an iron isn't - maybe because of the maximum temperature.

Ah, I think I do recall the same-day up-charge now that you point it out, but we fortunately didn't need it last time. Still, thanks again for pointing this out.

And my wife just bought a new "super duper" hair press similar to the type you show for our cruise. Hers works as both a straightener and as a curling iron somehow. 🤔 It gets hot enough that there's a built-in fan feature that I can hear on a different floor when she uses it, so it is odd that these things are allowed but not an iron.

Think I'll see if I can use this hair press to remove wrinkles in my clothing in two weeks... six-inches per pass 😆

cjr