Pre Paid Gratuities

izzy6510

I am not sure I understood the article discussing opting out or not of paying pre-paid gratuities.

Is our fare increased (Viking 121 day WC) if gratuities are included in our fare?

Is it an option to have the pre-paid gratuities added back to your account so you can pay the crew with a nice fat envelope at the end

of the cruise.  I always like to leave a big tip to the crew that takes care of me.  

So if gratuities are pre-paid or included in our fare, what % is given to the crew?  I want to make sure I am giving enough extra.

I do not understand how you can opted out of paying pre-paid gratuities when you have already paid your cruise fare.

or why you would want to opt out.

Thank You

19 hours ago, izzy6510 said:

I am not sure I understood the article discussing opting out or not of paying pre-paid gratuities.

Is our fare increased (Viking 121 day WC) if gratuities are included in our fare?

Is it an option to have the pre-paid gratuities added back to your account so you can pay the crew with a nice fat envelope at the end

of the cruise.  I always like to leave a big tip to the crew that takes care of me.  

So if gratuities are pre-paid or included in our fare, what % is given to the crew?  I want to make sure I am giving enough extra.

I do not understand how you can opted out of paying pre-paid gratuities when you have already paid your cruise fare.

or why you would want to opt out.

Thank You

One of the benefits of a World Cruise is included gratuities. Yes, they are included in the base fare you pay, so pre-paying gratuities is not applicable.

• Like 2

Aussie and UK bookings are all priced so that tips are included so not a choice to pre pay. They just are. I'm curious to know whether the stateroom crew know that we have paid or is it assumed that everyone will pay, just at a different time. Obviously the tips hadn't increased when we booked our next cruise, which was Covid Covid cancelled but now happening in May. 

Can anyone confirm if gratuities are in fact included in our Australian cruise fares?  Because our travel agent seemed to think our Sydney-around NZ cruise would need to have gratuities paid and of course we are only a few days away from setting out and I've just thought about it!

15 minutes ago, helkatred said:

Can anyone confirm if gratuities are in fact included in our Australian cruise fares?  Because our travel agent seemed to think our Sydney-around NZ cruise would need to have gratuities paid and of course we are only a few days away from setting out and I've just thought about it!

Maybe ask Viking? Just a thought.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, helkatred said:

I'm Australian too. I found the prepaid gratuities listed on our invoice for our cruise. Downloaded from My Viking Journey. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helkatred said:

It will be stated on the Invoice from Viking AUS in the Terms PDF. Ah. Just saw your update. Forget it then. 
Promotional Amenities
Pre-Paid Onboard Gratuities

Edited by Pushka