Using Starbucks app on board

Double checking here - I just read on the other social media site that the Starbucks app is no longer able to be used, as of last week. Anyone on board now who could corroborate? 

Please confirm any details, as I promised my son a healthy Starbucks budget (but less than a package budget) as a reward for tolerating the mere presence of his endlessly indulgent parents. 

Cheers! 

Edited by OrangeCatRamblers

2 hours ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

Double checking here - I just read on the other social media site that the Starbucks app is no longer able to be used, as of last week. Anyone on board now who could corroborate? 

Please confirm any details, as I promised my son a healthy Starbucks budget (but less than a package budget) as a reward for tolerating the mere presence of his endlessly indulgent parents. 

Cheers! 

I have only heard that we can, it also depends on the ship? I am going on the Bliss next week and I am putting gift cards on my app. I have printed out my barcode that is in my starbuck app so he can put that in his lanyard and just show them that.

54 minutes ago, curious_me said:

I have only heard that we can, it also depends on the ship? I am going on the Bliss next week and I am putting gift cards on my app. I have printed out my barcode that is in my starbuck app so he can put that in his lanyard and just show them that.

Would love an update when you're back! Brilliant idea about the barcode printout 👍👍

8 minutes ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

Would love an update when you're back! Brilliant idea about the barcode printout 👍👍

Sure, I will let you know how it goes. With internet service and the chance of not being able to get into the app I thought if I printed out the barcode that I pay with that would work too. I will let you know if it works!

2 hours ago, curious_me said:

Sure, I will let you know how it goes. With internet service and the chance of not being able to get into the app I thought if I printed out the barcode that I pay with that would work too. I will let you know if it works!

Why not just take a screenshot of the bar code?  Seems that would be easier unless I'm missing something as I don't have/use that app.

Edited by jimsig

6 hours ago, ashkay16 said:

Just bring the gift cards . They are accepted .

I have see this post and another post saying they might not take gift cards anymore. Hopefully they still allow the app, or the barcode used in the app. I will find out next week what is being used.

15 hours ago, gotscrapz said:

Get him the unlimited Starbucks drink package for $12.95 a day if he drinks that much Starbucks!

My son is under 18, you can't get the starbucks package for under 18 years old. And if he is not with me he can do this on his own

18 hours ago, jimsig said:

Why not just take a screenshot of the bar code?  Seems that would be easier unless I'm missing something as I don't have/use that app.

Yeah this is for my son, so in case he is not with me at the time.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 1:46 PM, curious_me said:

I am on the bliss right now. You can use gift card and app. And printing the barcode from the app for my son works great too

• Like 3